Just found an insane deal on brandnew 2s10p Samsung packs

Klauts

10 W
https://batteryhookup.com/products/new-7-2v-30ah?_pos=1&_sid=cd3d46b37&_ss=r

Only costs 250$ CAD for enough packs for a 26Ah 52v battery 🤯

Just thought I'd share the wealth, definitely made my week!

i always check BH, a few months ago I got a bunch of Samsung 30qs for about a dollar each.

Holy smokes that is quite the deal!

By the looks of it they are 2018, so getting on 5 years old. I had some of these a bit older than that and they were ok, but meant for laptops and lower drain applications.

I maintain that for ebikes you need high power cells with low internal resistance. Some of the newer ones even have decent cycle life too.

Really depends on your use case.

john61ct said:
If anyone learns which specific model cells please post

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Samsung%20ICR18650-26J%202600mAh%20%28Pink%29%20UK.html

slaphappygamer said:
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about this site. The 24v medical batteries look nice. Would be a good fit for my 24v EVG.

What plans to charge it? I'm looking for replacement Cyclone battery. I'll have to try to find my old charger.

NoFanBoiz said:
slaphappygamer said:
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about this site. The 24v medical batteries look nice. Would be a good fit for my 24v EVG.

What plans to charge it? I'm looking for replacement Cyclone battery. I'll have to try to find my old charger.

For the medical batteries, I’d run a wire from the charging port to a female DC5.1 port. That seems to be more standard. I’ll just have to purchase a 24v li-on charger with a male DC5.1 plug. I would need to chose a spot on the bike to install the port.

electric_nz said:
By the looks of it they are 2018, so getting on 5 years old. I had some of these a bit older than that and they were ok, but meant for laptops and lower drain applications.

I maintain that for ebikes you need high power cells with low internal resistance. Some of the newer ones even have decent cycle life too.

Really depends on your use case.

Yeah I noticed this as well so I contacted them as asked if they'd done proper capacity testing on the packs, apparently all packs for sale still have 90-95% capacity and they are sending out 7 modules with as near identical health as possible. They said I should have no problems connecting in series and powering my 750w 25a setup and they seem to know what they are talking about when it comes to batteries?

Two empty cells in the middle of the pack is a deal killer maybe instead of 10p you can fit two more cells in there and make it 11p that would make a 55 amp pack good for yescom motors. I'm as could you cut one end lift it and put it back and drop two more cells in the center or is a big oval circle not to be messed with kind of like a black star.

b3V7TQ1.jpg

So I got the packs all assembled into a 52v pack and after a test charge/discharge they appear to have 100% capacity still even though they are like 5 years old.

Used .6mm of nickel strip for the series connections and 12AWG copper wire for main positive and negative connections.

Haven't tested under full load yet waiting to do that outdoors far from my house lmao

P.s. (I limited the SoC to 57v)

Back