Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

VasiliSk

1 kW
Nucular controller P24F
20230710-10256.jpg20230710-10252.jpg20230707-9617.jpg
Phase 500A
Battery 350A
Max power 27kW
Max voltage 90V

Functions:
  • FOC with MTPA and Field weakening
  • Square - sensored/sensorless
  • Configurable throttle and brake curve
  • Throttle modes: speed, speed+torque, torque, power+torque, power
  • Multiple controllers on bus supported, 2WD, 3WD, 4WD+
  • Cruise control
  • Soft start for motors with clutch
  • CAN bus (LEVCAN protocol)
  • Hall/Encoder motor position sensors
  • PAS, torque PAS function with power level control
  • Acceleration/braking speed limits to keep traction on tough terrain
  • Charging through motor from any DC source or solar panel (MPPT)
  • Motor and controller temperature soft limit
  • Quick configuration import/export
  • Widely configurable inputs
  • Frequency control for drying varnish on motor windings, lol
  • Logger, to log data with high speed to SD card (1ms step)
  • PWM outputs for FAN control
  • 2A 12V supply
  • Detailed statistics such as min battery voltage, motor efficiency, regen %, etc.

Price 610$

Display
20230710-10285.jpg

Functions:
  • Charge, speed, power, current, voltage and etc. display
  • Shows information from all devices on CAN-bus
  • Software update for devices from MicroSD card and parameter setup
  • Integrated accelerometer
  • A lot of control inputs, use just single wire from Displayto Controller
  • Handy panel with connectors on the backside, no need for external connectors
  • GoPro mount to steering tube included
  • Big, visible under direct light LCD
Price 110$

Plug and Ride kits:
Surron LB
20230709-10047.jpg20230709-10197_B.jpg
825$

Talaria
20230709-10035.jpg20230709-10159.jpg
825$

Wiki, schematics and software updates

Actual prices and specs on website, order here.

Shipping is 40~80$ depends on country and quantity.

You can questions Telegram @nuculartech Nucular electronics chat

Last edited:
My suggestion is to sell it to the public. That controller sounds effin' awesome. :)

(archived)
Since finally i've got some results, it's time to get feedback :)
I'm designing 12F high efficiency controller, capable of running 100kERPM in sensorless/sensored mode. Up to 200A 30sec and 120A continious phase current with proper cooling.
Main advantage - using high switching speed of mosfets, proper designed power plane - low inductance, direct phase current control (capable of current request response almost instant), overcurrent protection (but not overregen :twisted: ), temperature protection, dual sided cooling for mosfets. Fits in 9F infineon casing. Futher it will take up even less space

phase currents:

It is 100V mosfet and capable to run up to ~90V. I've seen 7200W from this installed on my Adventure Bike, it kicks ass when you release brake with full throttle.
As for now im succeed running sensorless in less than 60 ERPM and up to 100kERPM stable, but got some problems from higher amps on my "cromotor", current recovery lasts for too long sometimes. Also i have no test bench, so i'm run all test on my ass :D
Also implemented as for now step-up converter mode (charge battery through motor or any other inductance). In plan using bluetooth or wifi for configuring and flashing new softwares.
Suggestions?

neptronix i should adopt it to mass production first. there is a small bunch of problems.. moving in this way:

parabellum yep. maybe later there will be sine wave avaible (DTC-SVM, FOC or simple sine PWM) but not now.

Prove that it can drive some nearly impossible motor to drive, like the colossus motors from the Croatian crew, or one of hobbyking's larger rotomaxes, then offer up a few samples for sale... and go from there.

These large RC motors with high RPM capabilities and high pole counts are currently just waiting for the right ebike-sized controller to be exploited.

VasiliSk said:
the only high pole count motor i have to test ERPMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RcsN_ZUSRE

Predator 30-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKp6QjuzmMM

these was made on old pcb
Was 124000erpm controller or voltage limited? What is the practical erpm limit for your controller?

neptronix said:
These large RC motors with high RPM capabilities and high pole counts are currently just waiting for the right ebike-sized controller to be exploited.
Rotomax, at least 150cc, is actually quite nice and no too hard to drive. Inductance is 17uH, which is still manageable by most cheapo controllers.

VasiliSk said:
the only high pole count motor i have to test ERPMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RcsN_ZUSRE

Predator 30-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKp6QjuzmMM

these was made on old pcb

super impressive, bro! now, let's see it with a load on it.. :twisted:

circuit said:
neptronix said:
Rotomax, at least 150cc, is actually quite nice and no too hard to drive. Inductance is 17uH, which is still manageable by most cheapo controllers.

I remember checking ES for a year or so to see if anyone was actually using them... and didn't find anything.

So anyway; easy to drive, you say? who's running one at full tilt on this forum?

neptronix said:
circuit said:
neptronix said:

I remember checking ES for a year or so to see if anyone was actually using them... and didn't find anything.

So anyway; easy to drive, you say? who's running one at full tilt on this forum?

I am only running the Rotomax 50cc motor at 3kw with my DIY controller but would like to play with the 150cc some time in the future.

Good work on your Controller, I want to try Sensor-less sometime.

On your video I saw STM Studio for a second. Which uC are you using if it's not a secret?
I just started to experiment with STM32F3DISCOVERY board and hope its 72MHz will be enough for sensorless FOC in C.

peters said:
On your video I saw STM Studio for a second. Which uC are you using if it's not a secret?
I just started to experiment with STM32F3DISCOVERY board and hope its 72MHz will be enough for sensorless FOC in C.
it is cheap stm32f103. i not planning to run FOC on this board, it is much more expensive in hardware

peters said:

The STM32F103 has more than enough power to run FOC in sensorless mode. Download the free IAR EWARM and ST's Motor Control Workbench http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1743/LN1734/PF257936?icmp=tt2849_gl_pron_sep2015&sc=stsw-stm32100-pr1# and you can compile the FOC code that includes field weakening in under the 32K limit for the code size restricted EWARM. A cheap fleebay STLink usb dongle and a cheap USD4.46 Maple Mini clone (STM32F103CBT6) and you are on your way. I am playing about with ST's patented single shunt FOC topology now which if successful should make for a very low cost FOC controller.

I've run some tests on rv160s motor. On this graph horisontal - rpm, vertical - power consumption...
Losses_zps6evqqecl.png~original

as you can see when motor runs 4k+ RPM, power rises above 1kW!! I have find out that main problem of such losses is a big bearing, it is heats up instantly when motor spinning 4k.
Here is explanation vid: https://youtu.be/qTRJ4jqASRA it is in russian, but easy to understand where is problems
So i replaced this original NSK 6814 bearing to NTN 6814, cover now spins much longer!!

And finally some photo of RV160s
DSC_0689_zpsuidze1pk.jpg

DSC_0690_zps13h2d4tx.jpg

DSC_0691_zpsj9yq5yo3.jpg

magnet width 25mm... winding NOT 6 parallel wire, but 5. im quite dissapointed with this motor

Back