NEW: Qulbix Q140MD Core

Qulbix

100 W
Hi Guys,

Here's the bran-new performance e-bike from Qulbix, the 5th bike model for the 5th year anniversary:

Q140MD Core
Qulbix-2018-Ebikes_reprezentativne_11.png

Q140MD Core offers the best of both worlds – a powerful motor combined with the ability to pedal at high speed.
Bike's perfectly centralised mass makes the Q140MD an ultimate off-road e-bike, both power packed & nimble, offering the rider speed, torque and a hard-core workout.

Q140MD CORE'S KEY FEATURES:
1) Centralised mass
2) Minimised unsprung mass
3) Overdrive gear system for high speed pedalling
4) Ride stability & manoeuvrability
5) Different chain-wheel sizes available to determine the bike's end speed
6) Easy to change rear tire
7) Modularity: moto/bicycle seat; pedals/foot pegs

Qulbix_Q140MD_EBike_theOverview.png

There are 3 different battery packs available.

Qulbix-2018-Ebikes_reprezentativne_6.png

Q140MD_CORE_performance_offroad_e-bike_7.png

Q140MD_CORE_performance_offroad_e-bike_12.png

You can find more specs and photos here: https://www.qulbix.com/qulbix-products/qulbix-e-bikes/q140md-core-performance-ebike

[youtube]QgRt7vQBVPY[/youtube]
[youtube]Mro98zEpzeY[/youtube]
[youtube]-amk34147ZU[/youtube]

It looks like a great eride , although the price is too frightening at $7000 Euro

edit: I followed the link and got the price

Nice mid drive. Love the fact that you stick to your guns and deliver both e-bike version and moto version with foot pegs. Any chance you will go the extra mile getting your bike EU 45 km/h road legal? The idea of a hub motor as a mid drive I find very appealing, as these will be a silent mid drive just as we got the silent dd hub. Nice work. Got any riding video's?

I was excited to see your new mid drive this winter, however I've been waiting and waiting for more details. Checked both this thread and your website without much details.

I think this mid drive will make very much sense for the ES DIY crowd if the mid drive becomes a frame kit as well. As it stands right now it seems the price will be a big problem as there is an alternative mid drive from China at half your asking price, which people already seems smitten by. Really too bad Qulbix didn't bring the Q140MD Core to market last year as I think that would have been a whole other ball game for you, with the LMX and russian mid drive Vector sells as about the only competitor. This year it seems China got it locked down tight at a price point hardly any one can compete against with decent quality on both drive train and bike parts.

Your mid drive as a frame kit would make sense because lots of people got plenty of dd hub bikes and parts laying around they could put to good use in a Qulbix frame kit.

Btw any chance we will see a rear suspension linkage setup like ie the Sur Ron on Qulbix?

Care to give a little more details about the mid drive? What motor are you using? What controller etc? What is the torque at the rear wheel standard gearing? What is motor max torque? And max peak power?

Happy to see Qulbix going mid drive. I wish you the best for sales figures but fear the Chinese might cause some noise at least now when that sur ron seems to be the most commented bike on ES these days.

Hm seems my browser must have loaded you web page from cache. When I used different browser I could see controller specs. Still can't find make and model of motor.

Very interesting new model !
I like the fact we don't need any tensioner with the swing arm and motor sharing the same axis.
Great to have two pedaling gears (see question below).
The variable regen is a nice touch.

It would be nice to know the following.
1. What is the nominal and peak power of the mid drive motor?
2. I understand it has two pedaling gears, what exact system is used for that (schlumpf drive or other)?
3. What is the exact ratio between crank and rear wheel for each of the two gears?

Looking forward to more details :)

Dont expect any answer here from qulbix.
The time where qulbix was next to each other diy guy is gone.
... advertisements only (and thats really sad)

If you have questions it's better to contact over the website.

If you get answers you could post it here.

Form the first answer I got, Motor is rated with nominal power of 3kW, max. power (when battery is fully charged) 12 kW (150A @ 80V)
As for the pedaling gear, it is unclear, I am getting the feeling there is actually only one gear with a high ratio, but I have asked more details.

Merlin said:
I wonder why there no video online.
I wanted to hear the "noise" of the bike.

Well that wouldn't be much of a video, "nothing to see here folks, move on." As the bike would be close to silent :)

I would love to test drive this thing. This could be the ultimate mid drive bike we have all been waiting for.

Merlin said:
yup, but thats "close to" i want to hear...because its a mid with an (additional) chain. :D
maybe they use KBX controllers would make some ugly noise too....
videos help selling also ;P

there are some videos of qulbix mid drive in action on facebook (although I know some of you aren't on there).. should be some YouTube videos of it coming soon as well ..

scrambler said:
Form the first answer I got, Motor is rated with nominal power of 3kW, max. power (when battery is fully charged) 12 kW (150A @ 80V)
As for the pedaling gear, it is unclear, I am getting the feeling there is actually only one gear with a high ratio, but I have asked more details.

So clarification on the pedaling system.
There is only one pedaling gear ratio, which is equivalent to having a 75t in the front. Match that whit either 26, 30 or 38T in the back depending on the chosen option, and you get your pedaling ratio.

So pedaling is only there for street pedaling at high speed, nothing else. There is no pedal assist mode anyway.

Hi Guys,
In respect to the ES policy we don't post much here, as it would be branded commercial. So we'll get back to you faster if you send us an email to info(at)qulbix.com or a message to FB channel or Istagram account.

Here's a couple of short clips:
[youtube]Oa_XG6mMBVM[/youtube][youtube]aM66ro9El4Q[/youtube] [youtube]6S8V_R33gXg[/youtube]

Keep riding!
Ziva

Is there not one person here yet who bought this?

I assume this is because you need to buy the complete bike and not the frame?

This is tempting, I always wanted a mid drive when they finally were built proper. I've been messing with my hybrid car NimH to lithium conversion for over a year now so I haven't been messing with the ebike, this gets my interest.

The only thing is my Q76R hub motor allows me to do everything. I'm not so sure about not having a sine-wave controller, would the max-e even work with this thing properly.

I still try to find out how many 18650 cells will fit this frame? Did somebody has seen dimensions of the batterybox?

Back