BMW Z3 conversion

Gigas

1 mW
Just thought I'd say my journey on here - gutting and revamping my Z3 into a new electric car. Really should be a fun journey!

[youtube]ahhbqy8obo8[/youtube]

Right now I'm trying to figure out the BMW SRS system as a stand a lone system and it utterly mind numbing

[youtube]HSTZycILtlk[/youtube]

To embed just put the unique code in not the whole web address. Ie take out the domain bit

Always love a big EV conversion project! Any idea what setup you will shoot for? Performance, range, price?

More setup for things to come together in there back and mount the subframe

[youtube]MLGFxSBws7o[/youtube]

whereswally606 said:
To embed just put the unique code in not the whole web address. Ie take out the domain bit

Dosn't seem to work for me, weird

jonescg said:
Always love a big EV conversion project! Any idea what setup you will shoot for? Performance, range, price?

I plan on dual electric motors in the back - as far as what I'm not sure just each will be 70ish KW so a total of 140-200kw. I'm not looking for top speed but to be able to get there quick! Price is up in the air lol

needed to see what the rear end would look like - so this is what I came up with. I'm sure it will change as I don't have my electric engine but So far I like where this is going. I can see that battery placement is going to be fun lol

[youtube]O5JgPWPFVJ0[/youtube]

Does anyone know a good electric engine in the 80kw range? I'm trying to find a good motor - I've even consider 4 small motors for the back

It's been a bit since i've updated. I'm hoping to get the rear built in the next couple weeks. I've really been enjoying welding. I didn't think I would like do it so much and getting slightly better at it :roll: I hope you all are have a great day!

[youtube]iaAmEwaS7Is[/youtube]

Back