ME0913 from Zero bike 2012 in buggy and minimum controller?

I want to convert my 150cc and 400 lbs buggy to electric, I have done quite a few conversions from bikes and mini bikes; but this is the heaviest and doubts arise.

I have a "Moto Energy 0913 from Zero 2012 bike" engine that I want to power with 18S Nanotech 8Ah 25 / 50C; but I doubt if they will be enough for short uses and which controller to use in a minimum way, if a 12, 15 or 18 Fets of 45A would burn out being a large motor and a 400 lbs buggy.

Buggy:
i1605270188.jpg

Motor:
i1938589979.jpg

Specs motor:
Output Power of 12 KW Continuous, 30 KW Peak (at 96 volts)
Designed for long life. No brush maintenance. The motor is 92% efficient at voltages between 24 to 96 VDC. Continuous current of 125 amps AC (180 Amps DC into the motor control). This is a 3-phase, Y-connected Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with an axial air gap and 3 Hall sensors at 120 degrees electrical timing. It has two stators with a rotor in the center.
This is a 4 pole motor (8 magnets).
The Phase to Phase winding resistance is 0.013 Ohms.
The maximum recommended rotor speed is 5000 RPM.
Voltages from 0 to 96 VDC input to the control.
Torque constant of 0.15 Nm per Amp
The Inductance Phase to Phase is 0.10 Milli-Henry with a 28 turns per phase.
Armature Inertia is 45 Kg Cm Squared.
Continuous current of 125 Amps AC (180 Amps DC into the motor control).
Peak current of 420 Amps AC for 1 minute (600 Amps DC into the motor control).
Weight of 35 pounds.
Peak Stall Torque of 90 Nm (66 ft).
This is an Open Frame, Fan Cooled motor.
Includes temperature sensor.

What exactly was the question you had? Was it whether the motor would be enough, or the controller? If the motor was the question, ai belie e that motor should EASILY be able to power that buggy quite well, as long as it's geared right. IMO, gearing it low for the extra torque makes for alot more fun.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

therobby3 said:
What exactly was the question you had? Was it whether the motor would be enough, or the controller? If the motor was the question, ai belie e that motor should EASILY be able to power that buggy quite well, as long as it's geared right. IMO, gearing it low for the extra torque makes for alot more fun.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

My question is if the controller will be sufficient temporarily for that motor, since to test my idea is to use a 15 Fets of up to 84V and 45A.

Thank you!

Back