What do you think is the best value mid size electric car or mid sized suv in the usa?

calab

1 MW
What DO YOU THINK is the best value for the money USED ev hybrid (elec + gas) mid size car/suv in the good old united states of america, please no crazy price tags. What odometer range is best, a year left on the warranty. I would do about 10-15k miles a year

Which electrics or hybrids can tow and how much if any is it rated for?
Two dirt bikes and camping gear.

The chevy volt on the forums cant tow anything but I hear they are pretty great cars they might be to small for me so thats why I said I wanted mid size.

calab said:
What DO YOU THINK is the best value for the money USED ev hybrid (elec + gas) mid size car/suv in the good old united states of america, please no crazy price tags. What odometer range is best, a year left on the warranty. I would do about 10-15k miles a year
I have a Prius Prime and am pretty happy with it. They are old enough now that there should be some cheaper ones in the used car market. (Although the used car market is strangely expensive right now.)

I wonder how much is a new full oem battery pack, how much labor is it to get one installed?

Chevrolet Bolt I looked into but imports would be the better choice for longevity.

calab said:
Chevrolet Bolt I looked into but imports would be the better choice for longevity.
Few of the established EV/Hybrid manufacturers have managed to avoid battery issues.
Some of the most recent Hyundai EVs are under a recall notice for battery problems, and remember the Leaf , Fiat , Renault, etc needing major upgrades.
As for a Hybrid to tow, my suggestion would be the Mitsubishi Outlander 4WD PHEV as a proven performer and value option,..
..but if you have the budget a Lexus 450 hybrid or the Toyota RAV4 Prime is the current fave.

JackFlorey said:
Hillhater said:
As for a Hybrid to tow, my suggestion would be the Mitsubishi Outlander 4WD PHEV as a proven performer and value option,..
The RAV4 Prime will tow 2500 lbs.
the Outlander is rated for 3500 lb towing....but as they have been in production since 2014, they are also a cheaper option used.

Back