minimotors DUALTRON 3 ...Battery save mode P9 ??

hi, l've got the 1st D3 imported into New Zealand through the sole/exclusive agent scoozzi.nz NZ$4,000 with fingerprint scanner.

Henry Tan of scoozzi.nz contacted me offering to plug the wire-hole in the throttle/controller & replace the "bridge" inside it, because of problems new D2 owners were having with their fingerprint scanners ie. NOT working ...anyone else experiencing problems ??

Can someone tell me what this controller setting is all about ...thank-you very much !!
Battery save mode
P 9
1:MAX SAVE
2:MID SAVE
3:NO SAVE

l'm not a mind-reader, does it refer to setting battery charging to 80% or 90% ...or keeping keeping some battery capacity in reserve/my sock drawer for a rainy day ...or what ?? ...or perhaps l'm not supposed to know & it's just magic :bolt:

A little more detail, drawing current (amps) from a lithium ion battery near it's rated capacity stresses the it, reducing overall cycle life. Staying a bit under capacity will extend the life of the pack. With electric motors, power is correlated with current.

Avoiding 100% full charge also extends cycle life, and is for many (myself being one) a much better "trade-off" for getting as much out of a battery as possible. Less fun to reduce power, but I rarely use an entire pack charge, so only charging to 90% has no impact on my use and fun at all, but extends the life of the battery considerably.

Back