Guess what! It's an e300 :)

Hello all. Proper new to the e anything scene. I bought a used e300 for my missus but it turned out to be knackered!
Assuming the batteries had give up the ghost I started out on google to see how to fix it and happened across pics of modded ones and though yes! I need this in my life.

So firstly I got the missus a brand new one to keep her happy and stop her moaning at me for the impending costs of my new dreams.

This is what I started with.. v41 razor e300 24v 250w

Did I mention this will be a low budget affair cos she spends all my money on shoes.
5cf9691c588ab947e3cc38ecc64f885d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Before I started anything I got a lot of info and help from ianhill. Massive thanks to him.

I can't really afford proper lipo batteries as I did not want to use massive heavy long charging lead acid batteries so I went with the next step up to a 36v using 2 of my 18v 5ah makita tool batteries.

I got a cheap controller kit from ebay and got to work putting it together.

It was pretty easy to wire up, it came with a twist throttle so that was much better than the on off switch.

It was at this point when I joint the fell off my scooter club:(

So I decided that it needed to go up a notch.
c34830fc61af786958dbe8e49275ee47.jpg

I thought I could could easily squeeze another battery in there kicking it up to 54v but was advised to upgrade motor and controller too.
Ebay went crazy on prices and delivery costs but after a lot of searching I found pretty much what I was looking for.

Got this kit from alibaba for about £140 inc delivery.
2a7de2f43d280ba5ae0359b451133a22.jpg

It's a 1600w 48v motor and other bits and pieces.

You sort the charging out after sorry not got back been upto my eyeballs sorting shed out.

Ianhill said:
You sort the charging out after sorry not got back been upto my eyeballs sorting shed out.
Was gonna highlight in the thread to tell people not to do what I done lol.

It charged the 2 end batteries to 23v but killed the middle one dead:(

Was so wounded as it was one of my 5ah too!

Only have one 5ah left now my others are 4ah.

Be honest I'm not sure what you did ? I've not charged cells like that before I normally go direct to the cells so there's no bms in the way to cause trouble and then use a hobby charger that can balance and monitor to make sure there's no 💣💥

Ianhill said:
Be honest I'm not sure what you did ? I've not charged cells like that before I normally go direct to the cells so there's no bms in the way to cause trouble and then use a hobby charger that can balance and monitor to make sure there's no [emoji378][emoji95][emoji879]
I bought a 60v charger to charge my combined makita batteries. Let's just say it did not work. Was strange that it charged 2 of them but killed the middle one!

So after a short wait for alibaba delivery I got to work making my new machine.
6dbb9dc8d0ccc6b7db2343ca5c42c104.jpg

164e514a5d4428a96c928798ba426438.jpg

New motor is a touch bigger than the stock.

I started by removing the stock motor and cutting off kickstand bracket which made me sad.

Was even sadder when the motor refused to fit under cartridge, ground clearance would have been under 2 inches which was no good anyway. So on top it goes.

67c453a7fcb4d0dbcfc0f95bcd9e4265.jpg

The rear metal bracket was in the way of the chain line so chopped that out too.

ea17ef7e0634a29b0dcf0deb7c59ecd5.jpg

New 44t t8f sprocket on.

Tbc...

Makeitfarster said:
Ianhill said:
Be honest I'm not sure what you did ? I've not charged cells like that before I normally go direct to the cells so there's no bms in the way to cause trouble and then use a hobby charger that can balance and monitor to make sure there's no [emoji378][emoji95][emoji879]
I bought a 60v charger to charge my combined makita batteries. Let's just say it did not work. Was strange that it charged 2 of them but killed the middle one!

Sounds like the middle pack managed to discharge itself into the other packs while the charger sat and done nothing. Bit of a bummer that losing cells but be honest your not the first or the last to get it wrong part of the game.

At least the light went green on the charger when my battery had died lol

Just needed a microwave ping to let you nw it's cooked lol

I'm still uncertain which model to get so I can get hold of the big fork and wheels!! Its driving me nuts.

Could someone please educate me on this?

I'm chatting to a guy with a v38 for sale.

Hey all. The controller that came with the kit is more than twice the size of stock so when turned on side to allow room for batteries it sits too high with absolutely no way it will go in another way I succumbed and had to build up the deck a tad

5bec8151fc592787162823c035a035f5.jpg

But after some jogging about I managed to squeeze the con and the batts in nice and snug.

b70c6b0a6a4abe49ce636cad262e41c2.jpg

Please excuse the savagery lol it's just for testing.

6bf010f4547edbb89beac4b2808c5364.jpg

Lid on :)

I hate myself lmao it's still not finished sat as a Pyle of parts need a welder to finish it.

The front fork you want will be obvious when you see it the razor has a much wider tyre.

Glad you got to the bottom of the battery issue glad it's not to much of a loss the cells still serve you well.

I cut one the forks to bits mocking up the ultra front end, one thing from that thread to take is the clamps I done some research in them and the method used was a big improvement to stock.

Someone offered me £350 for my e300. I think I'll take him up on it.

£350 I snap it up, I got 50mph out of one then scooters on 16s and 60amp, cheap sunwin controller gets them flying.

I'll be honest though the e300 runs circles round it in handling and the suspension is for looks it don't work tidy more like a bucking bronco at speed but good fun.

Where you from I got a full frame wheels the lot for one I was gonna chuck it in tip.

Ianhill said:
£350 I snap it up, I got 50mph out of one then scooters on 16s and 60amp, cheap sunwin controller gets them flying.

I'll be honest though the e300 runs circles round it in handling and the suspension is for looks it don't work tidy more like a bucking bronco at speed but good fun.
I knew it!! I didnt want it to be true lol

Tamping I'm from Wales I'd of give you a load of stuff otherwise but 200miles bit of a trek.

Ianhill said:
Tamping I'm from Wales I'd of give you a load of stuff otherwise but 200miles bit of a trek.
I do love Wales though. I was in brecon a while back for a big forum meetup once. (Not this type of forum) what a couple of days that was!

You my still see me yet lol

Starting to make sense now. Every taff I've ever met has been a lunatic lmao and that's coming from an asbestos stripper

Back