I Don't Get It ?

eMark

100 kW
Why would anyone pay $1,400 for an EMOVE Cruiser (electric scooter) with an actual range of 62 miles (100 km) at full throttle having to stand up all the time ?

At least widen the footboard for sitting with foot rests up front and a telescoping column that can be lowered. Just like i don't get standing up all the time on a paddle board when you can sit and paddle once in awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=339&v=B_ihtmhzibM&feature=emb_logo

There's much cheaper ways to injure yourself on poorly designed vehicles, lol.

Good point about the fact nobody wants to stand up for 100km.

But I see on advantage with the excessively long range: big range means big battery capacity
That means you can charge less often, and you can actually manage normal distances (say 10 miles per day) all while staying between 85% and 60% SoC. If you always cycle your battery only between 85% and 65%, your scooter battery will last 10years or more because shallow chrg-dschrg cycles don't stress the battery much.

Matador

I bought an Emove Cruiser - and the range was a key feature. I only got recently during COVID times and here in Melbourne we are restricted to a 5km radius, so haven't done a long trip with it, or used it much at all to be honest.

I'll have a longer commute and like the idea of being able to go there and back without needing to charge it. And I have found not having to charge it after every single use has been a nice feature (not game changing).

But my bigger plan is actually to go on a long range journey with it. Yes, where the challenge and pain of doing 100+ km per day is part of the fun. When we're allowed out and all this coronavirus situation relaxes (and hopefully is solved). Our plan is perhaps to do a lap of Sri Lanka on small scale vehicles. That'd be awesome. :)

One word....

Rickshaw

don't matter how you decide to power it, these things are money.

your welcome

I’ve previously done some long tuk tuk / rickshaw journeys! I led the SolarTuk team (www.solartuk.org) and drove across Australia (and then Thailand and India) in a solar electric tuk tuk. Lots of fun.

I can’t say I ever did a 100 km ride but a lot of rides between 40 and 60 and it’s something that you have to try and it can’t really be explained. Over 100km I have to wonder as well but its pretty much a lifestyle in the Philippines and Korea where they are organised in “pulling teams” and go on day-long 100 to 200 km rides. The Hunter M1 was designed from the ground up for these long rides and there are custom versions with 75Ah/72V batteries. Check our some of their modifications where they weld two motors under a extra large tire for a quad motor ride.

Anyway, one of the guys of the day and night pulling team was once saying on a chat the their fat riders rarely do over 150km rides because when you are over 80 kilos and out of shape it can be hard. So most of them are under 150 pounds with scooter that are not that much lighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWbSR_6kqa8&t=841s

Back