Need some input on this controller for turnigy lipo/80100

Weibull

1 µW
Hi, so I picked up these batteries from my buddy who flies planes here in Vegas. Some hkl brand, or something like that, prop airplane. Fast little plane, damn near unflyable.
I told him I wanted to try those batteries out in one of my Currie Tech brushless circa 2007 setups, should be plug and play at 37v charger to a max of 42v.
So I bought a couple of these from him.
I don't want to burn out the Currie Tech controller inside the motor so I got a real big brushless shown in the pic.
This Chinese 2000watt controller will run 72 volts so I'm thinking these in series at 74 volts would be pretty sweet.
Anyone have any input or advice with these batteries and controller motor combo?

I don't think your picture attached, can't see it.

Broad advice for lipo is the same around here usually: Keep the cells as closely balanced as you can, keep them protected from puncture. If you aren't using them for some period of time (several weeks or months) don't store them fully charged. Your friend should probably know all of this and can give you the name of a balance charger and whatever the magic percent of charge is for longer storage.

I would also get 2 additional items that will make your scooter safer, anti-spark connector for your series connections and some sort of DC power cut off (solar panel dc circuit breaker, a fuse rated for your max amps, a contactor or some combination). You can find a dc breaker for a number of amp ratings on electricscooterparts.com and they ship in around a week. Pretty happy with that site.

When you get the thing rolling, post some pics and videos. Always nice to have another build example, even if you end up with a lot of what not to do. haha

Back