Avoid Kelly controllers when buying aftermarket ESC.

All in all my experience with Kelly controllers is that they are garbage they are locked down worse than the goddamn pandemic, The manual makes no frocking sense, The Android app is garbage. The windows software is even worse it only runs maybe 5% of the time if you're lucky, The dongle they send you is flimsy as frock and useless and so is the serial connector, Kelly is on some 1990s bullshit we're in 2021 Where's the USB connection? Why are we having to buy extra shit just to connect to a frocking $500 controller?

If you really want to get the most out of your scooter go with the VESC based ESC device, for the half the amount of money you can get a Sevcon, sabaton, or a VESC that fits in the palm in your hands and puts out more power than whatever Kelly controllers highest end controller can put out. I mean the frocking heat sink on a Kelly controllers it makes it you can't put the frocking thing inside of a scooter it has to stick out somewhere and looks frocking ugly. I mean the KLS series can't even run sensorless. What kind of shit is that?

Oh and don't even get me started on if you need to do a warranty replacement or fix you have to pay out of pocket to frocking send the shit back which normally takes about 45 days even if you pay overnight shipping because of customs and all other bullshit you have to frocking go through.

Do yourself a favor and avoid Kelly controllers.

Back