Ecosmart metro- upgraded batteries won't charge

Viper132

1 µW
After reading a lot and watching countless videos, I am at a loss. I simply exchanged the 7aH batteries for 15aH batteries, but I can't seem to get a full charge. The fuses are good. I've current tested the longer harness wires. Everything should be good, as I am still running 36 volts.....but it isn't working. Anyone have a suggestion? Do I need to make an additional mod to the controller? Thanks much!!

Viper132 said:
After reading a lot and watching countless videos, I am at a loss. I simply exchanged the 7aH batteries for 15aH batteries, but I can't seem to get a full charge. The fuses are good. I've current tested the longer harness wires. Everything should be good, as I am still running 36 volts.....but it isn't working. Anyone have a suggestion? Do I need to make an additional mod to the controller? Thanks much!!
What specifically and exactly do you mean by "can't get a full charge"? We need to know more than has been provided.

It would be helpful to know:
--whether you are using the same charger or not,
--how many batteries you are using,
--of what kind (a link to the specific ones you got may have useful information as well),
--what voltages you read on your original batteries at full charge,
--what voltages you read on the new ones at full charge,
--how long it took to charge your originals,
--how long it took to get what charge the new ones have taken,
--how you are determining that the new batteries aren't fully charging,
--any other details you can provide about how the system is different now than it was before.

Also, when you say you "simply exchanged" the batteries, but you then "tested the longer harness wires", this implies more work was done that just changing the batteries to higher capacity ones, and knowing the exact details of *all* of the work done may be very important to solving your problem. ;)

There is barely enough room for three 12V.12Ah SLA batteries side by side. How do you figure you're going to fit three 12V.15Ah SLA batteries when there's barely enuf room for three 12V.12Ah batteries ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlDb0czTMrk
(explained in this youtube why not to convert to Li-ion)

This is another upgrade from 7Ah batteries to 12V.10Ah batteries that will still fit like the three 12V.7Ah batteries ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekD80Efw84

Can you exchange the three 12V.15Ah SLA batteries for three 12V.12Ah SLA batteries

Back