Begode EX-N HT

goatman

10 MW
bought this one yesterday, from a nice Russian fellow named Daniel, has 700 km's on it and a Sherman tire

IMG_20220604_143449.jpg

IMG_20220604_143524 (1).jpg

pads were too far back and felt like constantly riding a tilt back so moved them

IMG_20220605_193018.jpg

took it for a ride today, it was 16C out
about 10 km's in, EUC World started beeping like crazy
controller temp was at 60C and couldnt hear the fan
let it cool down slowly rode home

opened it up and it has a 32v 120 amp fuse
theres a 12v fan below the controller on the heatsink
the temp sensor is just above the lower right cap
grabbed a hair dryer and the dmm
using the euc world app i could see the temp rise as i blew hot air on it
at 50C i got 12v coming from the controller to the fan

IMG_20220605_145728.jpg

couldnt get the fan to work by wiggly wires or spinning the fan blades
its glued to the shell, no mounting screws
carefully pried it off without breaking it and when it popped off and hung by its wires it started working
kept wiggling the wires but it just keeps working

IMG_20220605_151937.jpg

kept cycling it on off, turns off at 47C on at 50C
dont have any 18 gauge silicon wire in the shop
wound up just using silicone to get it back in place and a piece of fiberglass tape for now

IMG_20220605_161724.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_155312.jpg
    IMG_20220605_155312.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1,006
this wheel also most likely has the 900 wh lg m50t packs that like to catch fire
when i took the side shell off, it left a indent from the sideshell right where a bunch of the smd chips are for the brains of the bms
not sure if i should cut out some windows in the foam or not.
i shouldve pulled the pack out of the wheel so i could see the label of cells are in this wheel
do that another day

did the free spin test when fully charged at 100.8v, it was 80.1 km/h
top speed before face planting should be about 60 km/h
safe cruising 50 to 55 km/h depending on state of charge

good news the cells are lg m50lt

IMG_20220612_203023.jpg

the fans been working keeping the controller cool

the motor has the big bearings, not great news, the seals are garbage and let water in, washing out the grease and causing failure
they use nlgi 3 grease, consistency of lard
got caught in a heavy rain so i pulled the motor and seal

IMG_20220612_185851.jpg

greased the crap out of both bearings with some nlgi 2 grease, consistency of peanut butter

IMG_20220612_191313.jpg

have some liqui moly marine grease coming and will re pull the wheel and use the marine grease
the wh consumption went from 40 wh/km to 30 wh/km with the new grease

then i found out its the c30 motor not the c38, c38 is supposed to free spin at about 95 km/h, not 80.1 km/h need to go into the Begode app and see what the c/o settings are at. the wheel was beeping quit a bit at me yesterday and need to change the speed and current alarms, if i was going over 50km/h it was beeping and if i hit speed bumps at 55 km/h it was really beeping at me

IMG_20220612_192939.jpg

ordered some waterproof mesh screen that is supposedly to let air through but not water and will try it to see if the motor runs cooler with it over the fan exhaust port instead the foam

printed 4 clips for a bike rack waterproof rain cover

https://www.amazon.ca/JSAHAH-Bicycle-Cover-Trunk-Black/dp/B0991S7YNB/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=bike+trunk+rain+cover&qid=1655672925&sr=8-6

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/MfTEqbYx3gI

temperature has been reaching 30 celsius outside and my temperature alarm has been going off on my overheat hill
put the screen on last night, hopefully it solves the problem

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wr78YjxxXXI

it was 23 celsius out, the cooling has been working good on my normal routes with the temperature never hitting 60, wanted to go try the Port Mann Bridge climb starting from the Fraser river up to Guildford and see how well the insta360 go 2 sticky mount would work on the ex n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuvL0X-vl8g

yes, i had bumped the alarm up to 65 c and one day it hit 61 according to euc world but i was really booking it at high speeds going down the Mary Hill Bypass then up and over the Port Mann bridge to Guildford, think my peak was 8.6 kw and it was pretty frign hot out.
The air in comes in from those holes at the rear light, i thought about drilling them out a little bigger
i used to overheat travelling from New West over the Pattula at about 60km/h and by the time i was half way up the scott road hill under the skytrain it would overheat at 65 c but now i might see 57 c max temp with a 5.5 kw peak

U-stride was overheating at 178f/80c with his ex n so im not worried about 61c, dont know if you follow him but he hit 51.4mph with no pedal dip

The only reason I can think of for the fan to cycle on/off is to help the fan last longer. Since it cools the controller and seems to be easy to reach, I'd wire it to run continuously. Thanks for posting these pics here. I have seen a similar EV at the nearby colleges, but I couldn't see which model it was.

i wish i could get in and change the fan settings and amp limits like you can with a phaserunner but i dont think i can.
maybe with the black control board where you can set the dynamic PWM tiltback so you no longer get high speed cut outs
had a bit of a crash today, flew into a curb while braking at about 40km/h? was doing 57, me and the wheel went flying but are fine but when i went into the euc world app it showed i pumped -198 phase amps into the battery packs on impact.
3-2p packs, that would be about 40 battery amps per pack?
if this was a 4p wheel it probably would have blew out the b12-b13 fuse/serial connector on the BMS but just got up and dusted it off and did another 50 km's on it

Back