Help with etwow build

Historyskyz

10 µW
Hello i have a etwow gt sport and i have a extra sport controllor and motor.
Im trying to run dual motors but im having trouble wiring up my second controller hall signal to throttle because the throttle only has 2 wires its a hall magnet sensor. Do i just wire the signal wire on the second controller to the hall magnet???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915-005513_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-005513_AliExpress.jpg
    775.8 KB · Views: 660
Historyskyz said:
Hello i have a etwow gt sport and i have a extra sport controllor and motor.
Im trying to run dual motors but im having trouble wiring up my second controller hall signal to throttle because the throttle only has 2 wires its a hall magnet sensor.

If it's a hall sensor throttle with an analog voltage output and a single hall sensor (the most common kind), there will be three wires from it, one for 5v supply into it, one for ground, and one for throttle signal output.

If you only have two wires from the throttle, it is either not a hall throttle signal (probably a potentiometer instead, which can use just two wires) or it is not an analog output signal (some form of serial data output).
Do i just wire the signal wire on the second controller to the hall magnet???
There are not normally any wires that go to the magnet. It is typically just glued in place onto the moving part of the throttle (while the sensor is usually fixed in place to the throttle housing).

Can you post good clear well-lit pictures of the throttle and it's wiring?

Also, if you have a multimeter, and are willing to do some step by step tests, we might be able to suggest a test set to find out which wire you would connect to.

If it is an analog output, and your controller is analog input, and the entire system shares the same battery (and the same "ground" to the battery) then generally you can connect just the analog output throttle signal wire from the throttle to the both of the controllers' throttle analog inputs. You would not need to connect 5v power or ground from the second controller, only from the first one.

The 2 wire throttle connects to board and this sensor thing.
Would i just solder 2nd controller signal to the 3rd pin?
Would it just be easier 2 buy a new dual drive controller and display+throttle?
The thing i like about the sport controller is it puts out good power can get speeds up to 30mph with just 1 motor

If i were to buy a aftermarket controller what is the important number to look for? The amps?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220918-023920_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220918-023920_YouTube.jpg
    860.9 KB · Views: 605
Historyskyz said:
The 2 wire throttle connects to board and this sensor thing.

Based on the complexity of that board, it appears to be a processing board that does varous input *and* output, and almost certainly is using the two wires as a digital connection to the controller for bidirectional serial data about all of it's various functions.

That means that it almost certainly can't simply be connected to two controllers, or the data stream won't be readable by any of the devices that are connected.

If you did want to test it, and the two controllers are identical, then you would connect the second one exactly like the first, in parallel with the first, so the serial data would be read by both. However, if the either controller *sends* data on the connection that will *also* be read by both, and may interfere with system operation.

It *shouldn't* hurt anything to do this, but there is always the chance of damaging things, either the original stuff or the new stuff, so anything that blows up is your responsibility. ;)

To be more certain of the outcome, you'd need a completely separate board like that, including throttle assembly and anything else it needs, for the second controller, so that the only interconnection between the two motor/controller systems is at the battery.

If there is an option for a system prebuilt to do 2WD it's probably easier to do that.

So i bought a throttle and display
I have 2 identical motors
And 2 controllers that look like the picture below
Is their anyway to wire this up for a dual motor setup??? Please help!!

Attachments

• 20220923_033257.jpg
    20220923_033257.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 537
  • 20220923_033252.jpg
    20220923_033252.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 537
  • 20220923_033236.jpg
    20220923_033236.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 537
So someone on reddit blessed me with this picture but i have no idea how to read it can someone explain to me??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220926-112257_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220926-112257_Chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 486
It appears to be a switch to use one LCD on two controllers (talking to / displaying from and enabling just one of them at a time), and a separate switch to enable both at the same time.

Whether it would work or not, for any particular setup, you would have to build and test it. It probably would not damage anything...but it may not have the expected results.

Its' drawn in basic electrical schematic symbols, to show which wires on each controller, and which ones on the LCD, go to which pins on a switch (K2). The switch would be a DPDT, meaning a double-pole double-throw, or one that can connect the center pins to either the leftside outer pins, or the rightside outer pins, as separate unconnected pairs.

Then there is a separate switch (K1), SPST, single pole single throw, to either connect or not connect the two controllers' enable lines to "on" at the same time.

Either switch could be a toggle, rocker, or slide type, depending on what you want to do to activate it. K1 could also be a button, either momentary (hold down for 2WD) or click-on/click-off (switch between 1WD / 2WD modes)

Historyskyz said:
So i bought a throttle and display
I have 2 identical motors
And 2 controllers that look like the picture below
Is their anyway to wire this up for a dual motor setup??? Please help!!

Each controller goes to its' own motor.

Throttle signal (3 wires) gets all three to one controller. Signal wire *also* goes to second controller (but not 5v or ground).

Depending on what the display is on the throttle, it may only work with one controller, and you may need a second one for the other one, in order to make the system operate as desired.

If it's just a voltmeter, it doesn't matter--it just goes to the battery voltage.

If it's an active display that controls the modes of the controller, and displays data from the ocntroller, it can only talk to / from one of the controllers at a time, but it may be necessary to use it to switch modes on each controller to make them do what you want them to do (like levels of assist, or setting up each one's limits, wheelsize, etc). It might require one on each controller, or you might be able to switch between the two--you'd have to test experimentally to find out.

Can't tell you much about how to wire any of that, without wiring diagrams for each of the parts you have. Links to the pages you bought them from might help, as they might have such information, or other info that might lead to the needed diagrams.

So i found a solution got some help on reddit ima test it out to see... ima upload the pics put it out there incase some one needs it for future reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929-021707_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20220929-021707_Reddit.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 435
Back