WIN FREE ENERTION GEAR | !! WINNERS ANNOUNCED !!

onloop

10 kW
Hi,

If it wasn't for the amazing depth of knowledge made available & also given for free by the awesome members of ES.... I'd still be pushing! So I would like to pay back to the community of ES, Therefore I am offering the chance for two lucky people (ES members) to score their very own Enertion Boards Propulsion Kit / DIY Electric Skateboard Kit. With the kits below you will have nearly everything mechanical you need to build your own electric skateboard.

5 EASY STEPS - FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN:

>STEP 1: Like our facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/enertion.boards

>>STEP 2: ANSWER THIS QUESTION: Why are MOTOR'S (on a skateboard) better than PUSHING?..... Imagine you're trying to convince a hard core non-powered skateboard rider that they should have an EBOARD.

>>>STEP 3: Post your answer onto our facebook page, the most thoughtful/best answer wins. !!Minimum 150 words!! JUDGED BY ME.

>>>>STEP 4: ALSO Copy & paste your answer below in this thread so that ES members can easily read it.

>>>>>STEP 5: Share this > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7RKAAMZpLs < youtube video on your Facebook Page. This is a video showing how easy it is to mount motors onto your skateboard... I think people need to realise this!.

!!!! NOTE: Put your Endless Sphere username on your facebook post & put your facebook name on your Endless sphere post - SO I KNOW WHO YOUR ARE !!!!

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON ENDLESS SPHERE (THIS THREAD) & FACEBOOK ON THE:
25/06/2014
ENTER BEFORE
19/06/2014

THERE ARE TWO PRIZES AVAILABLE.

PRIZE #1 - Value over $630 AUD
The Enertion Propulsion K1 - Including free shipping to your door anywhere in the world
Win this electric skateboard kit and you will have everything you need 'mechanically' plus trucks & wheel assembly needed to build your own dual-rear-drive diy electric skateboard.

enertion-diy-electric-skateboard-complete-drive-kit__56216.1397281082.1000.1000.jpg

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET IF YOU WIN PRIZE #1
F7IN

PRIZE #2 - Value over $500 AUD
The Enertion Propulsion K2 - Including free shipping to your door anywhere in the world
Win this electric longboard skateboard kit and you will have everything you need 'mechanically' to retro-fit onto your existing long board that is fitted with a set of caliber trucks to make your own dual-rear-drive diy electric longboard.
enertion-diy-electric-skateboard-propulsion-drive-kit2-v2__22099.1397279771.1000.1000.jpg

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET IF YOU WIN PRIZE #2
mbm5

I LOOK FORWARD TO READING ALL OF YOUR CREATIVE ANSWERS
RULES:
To be eligible to be selected to receive free stuff
1. Must be endless sphere member
2. Must like the enertionboards facebook page
3. Must answer the question using more than 150 words.
4. Must share the youtube video
5. Must post answer to FaceBook & Endless Sphere
6. Must be contactable through endless sphere or facebook
7. Must enter before 19/06/2014
8. Winner will be judged/selected by Jason Potter.

This is a great marketing gimmick (as long as you're not breaking the bank with the free giveaway.)
I don't know that I'll go through your whole contest, but definitely liked your page on Facebook.
Best of luck

Why are MOTOR'S (on a skateboard /casterboard) better than PUSHING?

I was riding to campus the other day and I came up behind two longboarders pushing. They saw me and starting pushing faster like it was going to be a competition. I just squeezed the trigger a little and my 7 kg brushless wood stick rocket started screaming and I went past them like a formula one car escaping a tsunami. I kept accelerating up a steep hill like it was nothing and on the top I thought for myself: In your face bitches :mrgreen:

An electric board is genius because you can carry it around and take it on the bus/train. Its relatively quiet and you can charge it wherever you charge your phone/PC. For its weight it packs some insane power. The kind you don’t believe before you experience it. But most importantly it’s damn FUN and it makes your life more exciting. Technology is awesome.

People are constantly stopping me wondering what it is and where I got it. I reply that I have build it myself. One time I was riding at the sidewalk keeping up with a car. There were some people inside with faces saying holy shit. They honked the horn and gave me thumbs up. They followed me a bit and when they stopped at a bus stop I could hear them say: frocking cool.

Why are motors on a skateboard better than pushing?

It's simple really. Pushing sucks. That's why we love downhill so much.
And being able to skate uphill without pushing is icing on the cake!
Most people have absolutey no idea what carving uphill feels like, but with
a motor it's possible.
Chances are, if you longboard, you snowboard. Do you enjoy pushing your snowboard?
Me neither! Having an outrunner motor on your longboard is the closest thing
to powder runs without having to gear up and drive all the way to the mountain.
If you longboard you know what it feels like to carve downhill, powered by gravity.
You know what it feels like to tuck in for the ride.
Forget what you think you know about electric longboards.
It's time to ride.

https://www.facebook.com/DubbleDirka
https://www.facebook.com/SiLo.socal.e.longboard.group

My Facebook name is Hayden foy IV.
Why are motor's (on a skateboard) better than pushing?

My answer comes from the perspective of some one who was not yet experienced the trill of having a motor on a skateboard. when I go out skating I mainly ride my longboard down big hills. I carry a Gps with me to see how fast I go. my fastest down hill speed is thirty miles an hour. One thing I like to do is seeing how fast I can go on flat ground but pushing can only get me going so fast. my fastest pushing speed on flat ground is twenty miles an hour which is a good speed but the problem I face when pushing that fast is getting tired in just one run down the road. this is where motors come in, with a motor I can enjoy the thrill of riding fast, and I won't have to worry about tiring myself out. To me ridding down hills on a longboard is like a roller coaster ride where you have to get on at the top of the first drop ride down then have to walk back up while dragging the roller coaster car back up with you whereas with a motor you can get on at the bottom of the hill and ride to the top.

Why are MOTOR'S (on a skateboard) better than PUSHING?
There are many reason's people skateboard for me its the rush of cruising downhill 20+ Mph the downfall of this is there are very little hills where I live. When you put a motor on a skateboard it allows your to endless bomb flat lands. When your going 20MPH It really doesn't matter if you go down hill or up hill or even flat land cruising It is an amazing.
Another Great reason to Motorized your board is unlike in my youth I would spend 20 plus hours skateboarding a week. now i work 45 hours and i don't have time or energy to push I just have time to cruise and enjoy. Riding a motorized skateboard is one an awesome way to get to work, have fun doing it, and it super cheap to run but don't forget that Bad Ass factor when people see you Cruising 20Mph power-sliding around the parking lot. Life is full of Work Enjoy Boarding the only way how and that's Cruising Effortlessly Like a Boss!

r3volved said:
This is a great marketing gimmick (as long as you're not breaking the bank with the free giveaway.)
I don't know that I'll go through your whole contest, but definitely liked your page on Facebook.
Best of luck

hey r3volved, thanks for the comments.... In terms of marketing I hope it is effective campaign, It terms of paying something back to the community.... the cost of this is nothing in comparison to when you add up the knowledge that was gained from reading members posts over the last year. Thanks for the FB like :D

some great answers so far!.... anyone can enter this contest! don't be shy! KEEP EM COMING

I built an electric skateboard so I could ride it to work every day - here is my reasoning why.

Here in the UK it seems that we are seeing an ever increasing number of cars on our roads. Even after global fuel price increases, rising insurance premiums and the effect which burning fossil fuels has on the environment, the trend continues.

Skateboarding is seen primarily as a recreational activity and only in few cases as a form of transport. What if we could change that? 28% of journeys in the UK are between 2-5 miles (3-8km) and yet 80% of these journeys are made by a car. The vast majority of these journeys are comprised of daily commuters. Doesn't that seem a little unnecessary to you?

I don't suggest that you get up at 7am, scramble to make yourself look presentable whilst cramming a coffee down your neck and then push yourself to work. I hardly have enough energy to iron a shirt at this time in the morning let alone skate five miles straight.

Now what if you could pick up your board, grab your bag and glide along effortlessly under the power of tiny electric motors? No substantial fuel costs or parking to think about. No traffic jams or road taxes. Your daily commute would no longer be a chore but a joy!

Skating is great in all forms, but once you forget about having to push, you are free to take everything in and simply enjoy the experience of the ride. The breeze feels incredible as your surroundings race by you and all you need to think about is carving your way around the kerbs and pedestrians. It may sound counter intuitive but riding under power in some ways takes skating back to a pure form.

I'm not saying that electric skateboards are a replacement for cars, they're never going to be used for the school run or to do your weekly food shop but for those short journeys to work or round to your friend's house they start to make a lot of sense.

If you're thinking you need a background in electronics or a degree in engineering then think again. I'd never even seen a brushless motor or LiPo battery before I decided to electrify a
skateboard. The idea that these tiny motors built for RC cars could ferry my entire weight around sounded ridiculous. Trust me though - they really do! The R&D has already been done,
the mistakes have already been made. You can do as little or as much DIY as you like, it's become so easy to make your own electric skateboard there really is nothing stopping you. You owe it to yourself to give it a try - trust me, you won't regret it.

FB - david.robson.50

SOME GREAT ANSWERS SO FAR

The winner will be announced in 19 days!

ANYONE CAN ENTER

SO get your entry in NOW to WIN!

When I first started to look into electric skateboards, I had never stood on one before, nor seen one in action or even stood on a normal skateboard. I forced myself to slow my enthusiasm and got all the usual longboard harware before I looked into the electronics to see if could skate or just plant my face on the street. After finally managing to stay on the board for a few pushes, it got quite boring to me and seemed like a tedious way of transportation in the rural and flat area I live.

Later on, I went down a very small and short decline and the thrill of speed and criusing without having to push every few seconds immediately sold me on the idea of a motorized board (speaking of thrill and speed, in retrospect I was probably doing whooping 10kmh for about 100m!). I started learning about the needed parts, gathering everything together and finally building my board, learning a lot in the process. The fact that a relatively simple motor and a few electronics strapped to that piece of wood - and most importantly, done by me! - transforms it to such a fun machine and great means of transportation shows how much better motors are than pushing!

FB: Lukas Bert

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ASKED TO SEE SOME REAL PICTURES

HERE IS WHAT YOU COULD WIN

NOTE: MOTORS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE

jHf3

EMEN

IpX7

HRGK

WeCD

FE5d

qZy5

bE_D

FB name: Jared Dygert EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/jared.dygert

The joy of riding a longboard (or skateboard) is amazing! But the constant cycle of having to push and push.... and push... takes away from that pure joy. But when you add motors to that puppy, it turns into a growling, roaring monster that takes you anywhere you want! No more slow tedious pushes; with the pull of a trigger you can accelerate faster than you imagined and go further than you expected! Zoom by mere peasants that still use the stone age method of movement and enjoy the pure freedom of speed. All this is possible with the Enertion Eboard Kit! It transforms your board into a whole new creature, taking it to the next level. I know that boards with motors are superior. There's no arguing with all the added benefits. Zoom up hills and show them that you're the boss; both down AND up :twisted: There's no denying how truly awesome this is. I'll never go back to boring boards again!

Hey, did you ever had to use crutches? Anyway it is very exhausting. I live in Germany near Munich, in Kirchheim. It is very hard to come from A to B with a broken leg because there is no infrastructure! So guess what I did... Right! Here's the result:
https://www.youtube.com/user/julianlangschwert/videos
It's so funny to see the people's faces, actually they're amused, too. Electro-Skateboarding is so fun. I love the feeling to stand/sit on the board and to pass everybody. You are so fast and you can also do some tricks with the board. You are also able to drive offroad! It is quiet and light. You can constantly go 30km/h and you DON'T HAVE TO PUSH!!! I am always proud of me, when adults ask a 15-year old boy how this 'thing' works... Even if I am 15: Life's too short to push!

How does the connection between the engine shaft and the little gear work? I lost some parts of the Alien Kit and I really need a Enertion Propulsion K1 because the Holy Trucks start to lurch when I drive very fast! ;)
Facebook name: Julian Langschwert

Skate boarding has its thrills but there is nothing worse than climbing hills or burning out on endless flats. Using motors to extend the joy of riding is a brilliant innovation and will change the way we skate.

I’ve seen motorized longboards in action for some time now and am utterly amazed by what can be achieved with a bit on ingenuity and the drive to think outside the box. I have long left the skate scene for about 10 years ago and with electric skateboards becoming more popular its drawing me back..... Pushing just isn’t an option.

Think about this… If you want to make a phone call you reach for your cell phone. If you want to watch TV you reach for the remote. If you want to send a letter you use E-mail. These innovative ideas have changed the world as we know it. Making things simpler, easier, faster is a way of life so embrace the change because it’s coming.

If you’ve never tried a motorized skateboard try it. Life is for living and you only live once.

Try it! Ride it! Tame it!

Endless Sphere Username : RyanBell
Facebook Name : Ryan Bell
FB: Liked on 10/06/2014
FB: You Tube Video posted on 10/06/2014

Why are MOTOR'S (on a skateboard) better than PUSHING?
Everyone who has tried longboarding knows how exhilarating it is to bomb hills but longbarding can quickly get tiresome when it doesn’t go downhill anymore. With motors on your longboard its always downhill! Even when you go uphill you can skate as if it was downhill. Riding an electric skateboard simply gives the most pleasant feeling of fun and freedom. It’s like snowboarding, almost like flying.
But electric skateboards aren’t just a toy anymore. The technology is finally here for good electric skateboards. They are so lightweight and so thin that you might think you see a normal longboard until the rider zooms right past you. They can go a distance that means you can use them for commuting instead of your bike and you’ll even be free from sweating when you arrive. These things can go so fast that you think you’ll take off, and you better lean forward when you push the throttle or the acceleration will put you on your ass.
You really have nothing to lose because pushing is still an option for when you feel like going old school, but honestly... life is too short for pushing!
Facebook name: Peter Damgaard Anderson

Since I still can't afford one at its current pricing, I decided to enter anyway.

Life's too short to push.
A motorized skateboard provides a light-weight, green platform for hands-free, urban commuting.
Quick travel through downtown traffic.
Free hands to grab some groceries.
Cruise with your dog or kids on their bikes.
Enertionboards changes the dynamic of what skating can be.

FB:Nathan Brunkard

LOTS OF GREAT ANSWER SO FAR!

~YA GOTTA BE IN IT TO WIN IT~ ENTER NOW ~ ANYONE CAN ENTER~

ACnJ

TWO LUCKY PEOPLE WILL WIN HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF FREE ENERTION EBOARD GEAR

The solution in the evolution of the personal vehicle revolution.
Not only will you help combat pollution and push the fusion of skateboard profusion as a last mile solution to traffic confusion but rage against the collusion of the imposed institution.
Consider this innovation less you push to stagnation.
To start the adaption of your own contraption, for a deck consider a lightweight version or envision electronics insertion.
In this application, a lithium battery for power production, ESC takes care of current conversion and brushless outrunners give motion through the transmision of your intention to the receiver for resolution.
Let me offer an explanation to work out propulsion; it's the extrapolation of hub and pulley size selection to wheel correlation in relation to voltage adoption and the motor kv expression. The resolution to this rotation is locomotion.
Have no illusion, speeding by on your home built creation it sure to make an impression but may cause consternation so avoid aggresion as it could lead to abberation and result in collision and possible abrasion.
In conclusion, for an e-board construction best start with the installation of Enertion components for propulsion.
Hope you've enjoyed my contribution.

FB: Leo Wieland

Motors on skateboards is probably the greatest idea since Henry ford created the car. If you love the pushing aspect of skateboarding and not the cursing down hill part you might be crazy. The benefit of have a motorized skateboard is that your legs don't get tired and your not exhausted while doing something you love. With the motor on a skateboard you open so much more possibilities and riding that your couldn't even start to imagine with just having to push. Eboards are the future of cursing and he future has never be so exciting to look forward too! I don't have anything else to say besides that if you don't try riding an Eboard you won't be able to feel the joy of flying 20 mph on a flat and who doesn't want to impress the cars passing wondering how the crap does he do that. If you are a hard core long boarder you should be willing to evolve with the sport.

Facebook: Peter larson

I’m not so sure a motorized skateboard is better than pushing.
Different, yes indeed. Not necessarily better.

True, they are both skateboards by definition. Still, an eboard and a regular one are altogether two very different beasts. And thus not easily comparable. Impossible even, it'd be like comparing hockey skates and figure skates.
Both work on ice. That's it.

And so it is with tarmac, a material on which both the eboard and the I-have-to-push-it-myself-board work. However, many of us who just want that unique, fantastic feeling you get from cruising along the sidewalk on your beloved board – we will choose the electric skateboard.

No tricks, no flips, no grinds, no slides; just cruise and have a good time.

And to top it all off, we do it without even the slightest of effort.

You know that feeling of superb awesomeness and world domination you feel every time you’re going downhill on a skateboard?
Well, an electric skateboard makes it feel like GOING DOWNHILL ALL THE TIME!
Not from time to time, not here and there, but ALL the time.
And not once will you even break a sweat.

So no, my friend, this eboard of mine isn’t better than your skateboard, they are equally awesome.

They are different though, and if I was a gambling man I’d bet everything I have on you falling instantly in love with the electric skateboard the very first time you ride it.

elskateboard.se

Motors on a skateboard really opens a kaleidoscope of options for all your thrill seekers and your average Joe's. Not only are you providing a fun and easy solution to conquer hills and flats with SPEED, you are opening the door to vast and expanding new market.

Motors on a skateboard can be a very viable option for ordinary semi skilled riders for commuting. Whether it be on a campus, to a job or even volunteering in your community. The compact size in nature compared to that of a bike really allows for diverse methods of "Transportation Cohesion", where you can take your skateboard on a train or in a bus and car very easily. Providing a far more eco friendly environment for all. Not to mention you are not burning fossil fuels!!! (its a WIN WIN WIN)

This solution can also be the "New Thing" for those thrill seekers. I feel the whole vision of skateboarding could change. I don't mean for it to take away from the current sport/activity but who knows maybe one day these kind of boards could be in X Games. I can imagine off-road circuits being made where you would needs to master down and uphill obstacles similar to off-road biking. With the motors you are really not limited to the downhill aspect of some of these thrilling sporting activities.

In a nutshell this technology simply allows for people of all kinds to venture further and faster no matter where that may be on a very small fingerprint on the planet. Id consider this project a success even if you got a few people outside and enjoying the small things in life without having to worry about tedious pushing. This could even be marketed more than just a sporting/outdoors item but a way of LIFE :)

Now that you guys have conquered this solution of motorized skateboard. Can you please get cracking on the hover board. I'm genuinely looking forward to pretending I'm Marty McFly in Back to the Future. :)

Let the enertion be the assertion boys .... good job!

Cheers
ChilleFly

Facebook Name: Alan Bell - https://www.facebook.com/alan.bell.1614 (Yes im related to that dude up top Ryan Bell - We are twins :) )
Step 1: Facebook Like - Check
Step 2/4: Answered Question - Check
Step 3: Posted Answered Question Facebook - Check
Step 5: Video Posted - Check

Back