Marbel carbon eboard

Sk8, Where you been?
Is this Marbel the next disappointment or the real deal? Pricing is still over 1k, but will it end up like boosted boards at 2k?
Still looks to be a near perfect setup. As stealth as it gets.

dirkdiggler said:
Sk8, Where you been?
Is this Marbel the next disappointment or the real deal? Pricing is still over 1k, but will it end up like boosted boards at 2k?

The previous price a few weeks ago was about $1299 on their website. They are offering it for $999 for 15 backers early adopters. It shows up as $1499 as the final price on their kickstarter. Close to same price as boosted $1995 almost. They boosted price too :D

I'll steal some pics from the kickstarter link:
9a330a05d73a0e817a41952b3536118d_large.jpg

Caliber trucks with a bolted mount?
47efbd876feced698c519c89826caf51_large.jpg

Where's the battery and wiring?
34c0fa6478a0d319f5b712b27be07e5d_large.jpg

Slick remote, but I still like the trigger.
We have spent the last 2 years dedicated to engineering and designing our Marbel Electric Skateboard… the lightest electric skateboard in the world.
That's wrong. I know of a bunch of builds under 10lbs.

I wonder how they are getting the pulley on the wheel. It should be cast into it - which is what I think they've done.

I also like the Hobbyking GT2b remote in the video. Is this anyone from here? I thought the Lagrange setup was from Tampa, same crew? Good luck to them. Hope it will push the pricing down to better levels. Things still shouldn't be more than $500.

Here's one more from their site:
IMG_0792.JPG

Shows the scratched off markings of the motor and the wiring. Gates GT 5mm belt. One issue with this deck is how are the batteries/esc replaced. If something fails it will be costly.

Nice. But we can do better 8)
Smaller, faster, better transmitter, different wheels, and obviously cheaper.

Nice!
It's a great idea put all the electronic in the board. I didn't see any aperture how could the ESC dissipate the heat?

It's funny to see every company that sell a eboard say it's the lightest one

Awesome video thanks. Assumed I'd already written here.

This video says you-can-make-this-at-home..to me. It's a molded boat hull with weaves of carbon and I guess Kevlar and a lid. Maybe it's not even bolted down.

torqueboards said:
dirkdiggler said:
Sk8, Where you been?

The previous price a few weeks ago was about $1299 on their website. They are offering it for $999 for 15 backers early adopters. It shows up as $1499 as the final price on their kickstarter. Close to same price as boosted $1995 almost. They boosted price too :D

Created an account to tell you that the $1199 option had no limits as to the number of backers (i.e. not an early bird special). The original marbel kickstarter page used to have a $1499 price option which got you the 1st round of production (Sept. delivery date?). Looks like that option has since been removed.

by coincidence came to this article : http://blog.flying-hobby.com/tech-news/marbel-the-lightest-electric-skateboard-in-the-world?sc_customer=22092&sc_src=email

As can be seen the motor will contain (hall) sensors so can be driven very smoothly.

regards
Sebastien

i agree- its seems to have everything needed..and in deck electronics is defiantly the way but they must be replaceable..ive tried several times to get some carbon decks made with cavities but the cost in small numbers is just astronomical..
nice looking kit...but i think we all have some thing on par..for far less money

They are using LiFePo batteries, right? In fact, all the commercial boards use them that I know of. Where would you buy them? Also, all those boards mention a "customized pack with custom BMS", where would you get that from?

well, they also could use something like 26650 cells (eg .5000mAh), which in parallel (6s2p) would give a nice driving range.
for example : http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/TrustFire%20TF26650%205000mAh%20(Flame)%20UK.html

I'm also thinking about these cells as a test for my board. They can be built next to each other and keep it nice and flat. Of course you would need to make your own balancer connector for the charger, but it's doable ...
The only downside is that the voltage over time will drop significantly. Possible more then a 'standard' lipo .

Murfix said:
They are using LiFePo batteries, right? In fact, all the commercial boards use them that I know of. Where would you buy them? Also, all those boards mention a "customized pack with custom BMS", where would you get that from?
Bruno will have BMS available when he returns from his wedding/honeymoon.. for 6S,7S and 10S..for lipo though..im not sure they can be used on LifePo..
if you want your own 'custom' BMS (or any custom electronics) you basically have to order a minimum order amount from an electronics company ..normally about 1000 units.. they will build you anything then..

666yeti666 said:
well, they also could use something like 26650 cells (eg .5000mAh), which in parallel (6s2p) would give a nice driving range.
for example : http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/TrustFire%20TF26650%205000mAh%20(Flame)%20UK.html

Wooow!! Great site :D Very interesting.
Also that seems great http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/A123 26650 2500mAh (Green) UK.html, the best is the 10A charging :mrgreen:

P.s. the link is corrupted. do you mean that battery? http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/UltraFire UF26650 5000mAh (Flame) UK.html

Yes that's the site I mean.

The A123 cells are the best for high discharge current applications, however have a limited capacity.
For our longboards we do not use high currents so could rather benefit from higher capacity for longer ride times...
Regards
Sebastien

As can be seen the motor will contain (hall) sensors so can be driven very smoothly.
Interesting that I just came across the site that sells the sensors. If it works with the hk 150a controller it could be sweet. I emailed the designer, I'll get back when/if he responds. He's the guy who wrote and instructable about making an electric scooter with RC parts. Got me into the e-thing.
a6657f78d829fd43ad4a36a0d13e757e_large.jpg

The black circuit boards and pins are for halls sensors. They come in a kit just like that and are designed for motors in 50, 59,63 and larger sizes. You solder the pins to the board and mount that to the motor. A DIY style kit. We'll see if the sensors work with the controller or not. I didn't see what Marbel was using for an ESC.

It should work with the HK 150A. There's a sensor port on the ESC that's the same end point. I haven't tried it yet though.

I bought e0design's kit as well but haven't put it together. Doesn't really bother me. His kit in total was $50 for 2 motors but it's a DIY kit.

http://e0designs.com/products/hall-effect-sensor-adapter/

A step beyond where I'm ready to go. Wish I'd got sensored to begin with. Next time

Back