Powder Coated Electric Longboard Trucks!

Just ordered some powder coating powder going to try powder coat a few of the casted aluminum longboard trucks. Unfortunately, casted trucks don't look great anodized.

Colored casted trucks that are usually colored are always powered coated. Anodized items are only good on CNC machined parts. The powder coating would look nice.. Cool thing is we don't really grind on these trucks so they'll actually stay looking nice for quite some time. I ordered 3 colors so far.

What colors would you guys like? Orange, Purple seemed to look nice as well. :mrgreen:

I'm getting a new camera soon so hopefully could have some nice looking photos for trucks...

These are the colors I got for now... Black Chrome, Candy Teal, Gold Pearl Grass Green.

black_chrome.png
candy_teal.png
gold_pearl_grass_green.png

Update -
20140620_222339.jpg

Maybe a dark purple or dark blue. I don't really have preferences with colors, which usually makes it difficult to choose one. I think it all depends on the color scheme of the board. Unless it's just random, which is cool too. Call me boring, but out of the three you got I think I like black chrome the best. It works with every color too.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
torqueboards said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:
When are u going to have mounts for 44 bolt pattern.

What 44 bolt pattern are you talking about?
for the tacon160. last i talked to you you were out.
you were coming up with a new mount i remember

Yeah not for a 44 bolt pattern though. Sorry.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
When are u going to have mounts for 44 bolt pattern.

Do you mean 44mm spacing? If you can mount a 63mm motor to these trucks the Tacon will fit.

torqueboards said:
psychotiller said:
Those look nice Torque!

Thanks.. Learned quite a few things and missed a few spots. Wasted a ton of powder but next time around should be better.

What's the bolt spacing for the Talon motors?

It's the same as the SK3's 44mm (corner to corner-diagonally)

It's the same and is called 44. The tacon actually has both, 44 and 32.
I've got 44mm spacing on my motor mounts and have used sk3's, tacons, G160's, Eflight's and Aero's.

torqueboards said:
psychotiller said:
I've got 44mm spacing on my motor mounts and have used sk3's, tacons, G160's, Eflight's and Aero's.

Oh ok, Your using that T adapter for the 44mm? right?

Star_mount_web_photo.jpg

Nope No adapter...Are you guys all eating crazy pills?
Tacon 44.jpg

psychotiller said:
torqueboards said:
psychotiller said:

Oh ok, Your using that T adapter for the 44mm? right?

Star_mount_web_photo.jpg

Nope No adapter...Are you guys all eating crazy pills?

I don't take pills but somehow I was under the understanding it wasn't so. Thanks. What pulley size u run and what u think of them? I've got a 44 and 24or26. Not much difference but I'd like to get ur thought on the tacon160. Other guy here loves m

powder coating looks sweet!

MY redrock surfrodz are powdercoated and they look sooo schmick.

Sabres are high polished though too and that looks nice and futuristic? That could be an option too? or even a Matt dulled out metal? (but that may lead to pitting corrosion...hmmm)

Rosco said:
powder coating looks sweet!

MY redrock surfrodz are powdercoated and they look sooo schmick.

Sabres are high polished though too and that looks nice and futuristic? That could be an option too? or even a Matt dulled out metal? (but that may lead to pitting corrosion...hmmm)

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.. Looks great..

I should have some new colors soon. I'm going to do quite a few more colors tomorrow. Going to actually powder coat it without sandblasting. Sandblasting takes forever and I don't think it's needed. I might be able to powder coat over the existing polished silver coat.

Some are anodized. Anodized is better was trying to get them anodized first but you can't Anodize casted trucks only precision trucks since they are completely aluminum.

Most colored trucks that are casted are all powder coated not anodized.

Unfortunately, casted trucks don't look great anodized.
Anodized is better was trying to get them anodized first but you can't Anodize casted trucks only precision trucks since they are completely aluminum.

Oh really!? Damn, i didn`t noticed that.... :mrgreen:

18734779pr.jpg

18734780ea.jpg

cheers from germany

Need a better camera..

Here's black gloss.. these actually turned out bad on a few spots so need to re-do them.. no black available yet.

20140626_214427.jpg

Here's blue.. these ones are good..

20140626_220743.jpg

Coming soon eventually yellow and red. Might do a few white but white would get dirty fast..

lone_deranger said:
Looking good. Have you considered keeping the pivots 'naked', it may help prevent any potential binding in tight/hard pivot cups.

Doesn't seem to be an issue luckily. I guess, the actual powder coat is pretty thin. If I sandblast it first it's definitely not an issue since it removes that additional coat.

Back