iNsele - honey badger 4x4 eMTB

lone_deranger

100 mW
Filming starts 10mins in. Never stepped on a mountain board before (or snow/surfboard) so set power to 50%. Needs tuning as does my balance and coordination but impressed by the first outing.
[youtube]M6tAhZFQM8w[/youtube]

My boards
https%253A%252F%252Flh4.googleusercontent.com%252F6rpGDXaLz7Y7R7OIIQN0o5QKVyHGBce1-Pbf8Lpoqpg%253Ds0-d

Specs:
NoSno Pro Downhill
9" Prima Strikers
4:1 gear ratio
130kv motors
2x 10s1p 8Ah LiPo batteries
2x Alien 150A ESCs
Eagletree 150A eLogger - GPS, temp, RPM and G-force sensors
Battery alarm/monitors
Flashy lights :lol:

lone_deranger said:
Filming starts 10mins in. Never stepped on a mountain board before (or snow/surfboard) so set power to 50%. Needs tuning as does my balance and coordination but impressed by the first outing.

Stoked! Congrats dude, I'm in love with your playground. It's like beto-pty's run but for e-mountainboards. :D

I haven't ridden no-sno, but it seems wobbly to me. When you get a chance, try the MBS matrix trucks. The springs/eggshocks combination are awesome for this kind of riding.

Damn that looks like fun! That's an extreme looking board. I really want an e-mtb for the abuse they can take. Looks a lot less scary (and more fun?) wiping out on dirt than pavement.

That board looks like a beast! I like how the motors are mounted and protected.

Falling off a MTB might not be much more fun, but it's certainly more heroic than being stopped by a 1cm high stick on the pavement!

Pediglide said:
lone_deranger said:
I haven't ridden no-sno, but it seems wobbly to me. When you get a chance, try the MBS matrix trucks. The springs/eggshocks combination are awesome for this kind of riding.
NoSno are the undisputed kings of the World Downhill Championships. These boards are raced at 50mph under gravity so my e-board should be well within the design constraints.
MBS Matrix and the like have a geometry better suited to technical and freestyle disciplines. I guess it's much like reverse kingpin and traditional kingpin in the longboard world - although some do bomb hills on tkp setups, it is dominated by RKP due to their inherent stability. Another reason for my design choice was to keep the motors and electrics inboard and as close to my feet as possible for the most ground clearance while still achieving a low centre of gravity. As I live in the UK and it is not unheard of to be moist from time to time I thought it practical to weatherproof all electricals as much as possible.

In case you're wondering about the name - iNsele is honey badger in isiZulu.
I was born and grew up in the heart of Zululand, South Africa. My childhood was dominated by the apartheid struggle. The Ratel (Afrikaans for honey badger) was a preeminant symbol of military power at the time. Now I live next to an MOD (army) training ground, with a military off-road high speed test track :D and countless tracks and trails!
attachment.php

benj said:
Monster :) Love it. I'd love to ride that!
Come on by. The area's open to the public. Is a bit weird when the trainee snipers pop out of the undergrowth in ghillie suits with rifles but I have my trusty pistol grip...

First of all; fantastic build!

The electrical and gearing details of this board have evidently been clearly thought out; you know what you're doing!

Would be interesting to see your motor mounting solution if possible?

Wow! Dude that's some board! Beautiful design.

Is the Chargers mounted on the board as well?

Please share more!!!

Back