Circular clamp motor mount

carz181

1 µW
I'm trying to build an electric longboard and I have a pair of 180mm paris v2 trucks on it. I'm wondering if anyone has a CAD file of a clamp type motor mount for circular trucks that they'd be willing to share so I don't have to re-invent the wheel. Thanks!

Weld them on. Otherwise they will fall off..even with licktite..double bolts and such...
I have the vector of the tacon outerholes and the innerholes if you want them..

For a clamp system to work you really need truck hangers that are square. Caliber or enertion longboard trucks are the best trucks for mounting a motor.

If you would like a cheap set up to make your mounts, instead of welding, you can braze them. All you need is a $5 bernzomatic brazing rod from Home Depot and a propane torch $10-15.

I think I read somewhere that it can take 30,000 PSI. Not sure what type of force that is, but it should be able to hold a person.

Check out Murfix on this forum, his board and treads - he has a mount for circular trucks.

Heya,

Yes I do! I've been on a holiday, but now I'm back. I got 2 versions of the clamping mount, for 50mm and 63mm motors, to make them as small and light as possible. They fit mountainboard's regular skate trucks AND Paris trucks. I will take some pictures this evening to show you.

I tried the brazing and it wouldn't work. I think the truck hanger is too big and it was too hard to get up to temperature. I had the propane torch on it for about. 8 min and the rods wouldnt flow. I tried to even melt the rod like glue but it cracked right off after. Maybe 15min would do it but I'm out of juice. I was creeped by the idea of air bubbles that might expand and blow-up in my face. I have no idea

carz181 said:
I'm trying to build an electric longboard and I have a pair of 180mm paris v2 trucks on it. I'm wondering if anyone has a CAD file of a clamp type motor mount for circular trucks that they'd be willing to share so I don't have to re-invent the wheel. Thanks!

I just updated my thread with some details on my mounts. In those pictures you can see a Paris 180mm truck fitted with 2 50mm BLDC motors using my mounts!

Back