My finished electric skateboard

Hello all,
Previously I had a thread on my electric skateboard build but I never quite finished it. I ruined one of my lipos so it the put the project on hold for a while. After waiting 88 days for the new one to arrive from hobbyking I have finally finished, so I just thought I would make a new post showing a couple of changes I have made. Hope you like it.

So here is the electronics box and motor. I swapped out the turnigy esc for one from Bruno at alien drive systems. I was having trouble controlling the throttle with the turnigy for some reason. Because of the new esc the layout had to be changed with the lipos down the side. The motor and drive system all stays the same but this time I ground 2 flats at 90 degrees on the motor shaft to allow the grubscrews to get a much more secure grip. They haven't moved so far...
New Board Electronics website.jpg

So here is a few pictures of the finished board and a video of it running. It has surprised me how powerful these motors actually are. I weigh over 13 stone and it still takes me up hills hardly slowing down at all :D I got a range of about 10km and reached 26mph. It's a lot of fun to ride and certainly gets a few looks when on the road...
New Board Drive Medium.jpg
New Board Side Medium.jpg
New Board Website.jpg
[youtube]JMaYkczCUCw[/youtube]

You probably know you could use a 1s LiPo instead of 4xAA (that's what I have in my stand-up e-scooter)

I know I can fit my 150AESC, receiver, 6s5Ah battery, and even a powermeter in my 1.1liter "microwave lunch box enclosure" :mrgreen: ,
What volume is yours ? (I guess you run 6s10Ah)

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
You probably know you could use a 1s LiPo instead of 4xAA (that's what I have in my stand-up e-scooter)

I know I can fit my 150AESC, receiver, 6s5Ah battery, and even a powermeter in my 1.1liter "microwave lunch box enclosure" :mrgreen: ,
What volume is yours ? (I guess you run 6s10Ah)

Yeah i could have, I had a 4xaa battery pack laying around so made up a supply with that to save a bit of money. Ahh sounds good, like the power meter idea. I'm actually running 8S 5ah at the moment

Congratz on making the Instructables newsletter! =)

You're in my mailbox as well as in a kazillion others'!

Back