Electric longboard A Level project

dan4321

1 µW
Hi all,

For my A-Level project I designed an Electric longboard.What this consisted of is a cheap Longboard that I modified thus creating an electric one.I ended up making a bracket from mild steel and attatching a motor to the hanger (so that it moves with the wheels when turning corners).Attached to this was an electric scooter motor that is being reused and overvolted to give it a bit more guts.The batteries used were 3.7v 18650. 9x2 sets in parallel producing somewhere close to 40v when fully charged.I was wondering if I could receive feedback and areas that could be improved?

FYI This is a requirement of my course so you're more than welcome to provide feedback that may be deemed far fetched or a bit simple (i.e The colour isn't nice) as it's only used in paperwork to gain marks.
View attachment 5
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG

Thanks for your time,
Dan

[strike]Hey Dan you're most likely to get some responses if you move this to the "Stand-up E-scooters and E-skateboards" subforum. I think this one is for sit-down scooters and motorcycles.[/strike] ...done

Your wheel pulley looks like 3 or 4 little pulleys... I've never considered this before. So is the belt required to stretch as the wheel rotates?

Good work! I do like the color scheme. That bracket looks good but I think having it hollowed out like that will mean that it is not as strong as it could be. It should be ok though. Are you just using the existing e-scooter throttle then as well?

Back