Throttle getting stuck, wireless

NJEV

100 mW
So... after hundreds of miles my daily rider is giving me problems. Controller found on this page http://www.alteredelectricskateboards.com/parts.htm. I found that when ever a fire department vehicle gets near me my throttle sticks. This is a new problem. I had no issues in the past. I tested it with one of the fireman and its 100% of the time now. Now being that my board is wireless I have to get down very low to shut it down. At 20+ mph in city traffic that is a death sentence, and it almost put me under a tractor/trailor the other day. Needless to say I cant trust the board any more and if the cops ever see me loose controll like that they will nail me with unregistered, uninsured unlicensed vehicle charges as well as no helmet ect. Sucks but I am in search of a wired setup. I have had an eye on Eglide. His controller is well known. I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions. I want to steer clear of any RC tech.

I would also consider a wired controller for 2x brushless.

PracticalProjects said:
Well that is certainly a problem. Have you considered a Bluetooth set-up like the wii-nunchuck ones? I think this will be less likely to be affected by interference.

I have. While I love the convenience of wireless I am at a cross road. My mbs perorms 1000000 times better then my old torsion bushing long board. I ride in traffic like a car in nyc. I cant have any doubt anymore. I need to know my controller is going to do 100% what I tell it to do. I also need a kill option in my hand just in case. Most of all I need a reliable mechanical brake. Wireless at this point will get me killed.

NJEV said:
PracticalProjects said:
Well that is certainly a problem. Have you considered a Bluetooth set-up like the wii-nunchuck ones? I think this will be less likely to be affected by interference.

I have. While I love the convenience of wireless I am at a cross road. My mbs perorms 1000000 times better then my old torsion bushing long board. I ride in traffic like a car in nyc. I cant have any doubt anymore. I need to know my controller is going to do 100% what I tell it to do. I also need a kill option in my hand just in case. Most of all I need a reliable mechanical brake. Wireless at this point will get me killed.

I forgot who it was (I think beto-pys) but you can add a drum brake to your wheel and run it thru a servo.

Back