My Build List ~$550

Elon Musk

100 µW
Hello Everyone!

I've been crawling around this forum for a few weeks now and have appreciated every members help in getting me off the ground with my E- Skateboard build!

Here is the build so far and wondering if there is anything i have wrong or missing. Also hoping that this thread can be used to help new wanderers of the forum looking to build a board find a simple (doable) skateboard build.

Here is my build so far :

I already have a skateboard deck i will be using (for test purposes) (diyskateboard.com)

Mechanics + mounts + trucks +wheels Single Motor Mechanical Electric Longboard Kit ($199) (diyskateboard.com)

Rx - Wiiceiver Electric Skateboard Wireless Wii Nunchuck($50) (diyskateboard.com)

Motor - Electric Skateboard Motor 6355 230KV 2650W($90) (diyskateboard.com)

Battery - 3x ZIPPY Flightmax 4200mAh 3S1P 30C LiFePo4 Pack ($102) (HK)
paired in series to produce ~ 30v

VESC - http://www.ollinboardcompany.com/produc ... controller ($105)

Battery Charger - Original SKYRC IMAX B6 Digital RC Lipo NiMh Battery Balance Charger With US 12v 5A AC POWER Supply ($50) (Amazon)

I'd like to thank everyone in this forum that take the time to put out so much detailed information on the threads!

Be careful with the wiiceiver and solder it. It can lose connection and go full speed or brake whilr you are riding if it loses connection. I'd get torqueboards 2.4ghz remote.

Yo I'm not sure if this is just a fake Elon Musk or not, but if its not - that would be freakin sick! :DDD :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

You're not sure if the founder of an electric car company and top 3 richest men on the planet is building an electric skateboard on a $550 budget?

Its probably not him, its like you are me picking up a penny on the ground, it just wont happen. How is Elon #1 richest in the world at $218.3 billion (I just googled) I would bet an arab or two along with putin are richer, but those books are closed.

Back on topic, how does one stop on an electric skateboard and how many people over 40 skateboard?

MorbidlyObeseKoala said:
You're not sure if the founder of an electric car company and top 3 richest men on the planet is building an electric skateboard on a $550 budget?

DasDouble said:
Yo I'm not sure if this is just a fake Elon Musk or not, but if its not - that would be freakin sick! :DDD :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Elon Musk said:
I've been crawling around this forum for a few weeks now and have appreciated every members help in getting me off the ground with my E- Skateboard build!
Dear Elon,

Really ... can you not afford to buy the DUALTRON STORM for only $5,400 or the YUME WOLF KING GT Pro for $3,600 or now on SALE for only $1,350 the YUME D5 (such a deal) -- https://www.electricbikeparadise.com/products/yume-d5-stand-up-electric-scooter and https://www.amazon.com/D5-Electric-Scooter-Foldable-Removable/dp/B092M43RJP/ref=rvi_1/143-8410751- ... $1,369 (reduced to $1,299 as 2/18/22)
Adult Electric Scooter with Dual Motors, 23.4Ah Battery, 52V 2400W, up to 40 Mph. Range 40 Miles, Foldable, 10" Off- Road Tires, 265lbs Max Loading with Removable Seat ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD2NJD6RreU
It will require a few DIY upgrading mods, but that should be a most welcome problem solving challenge for you - :D

What will your E-Skateboard DIY build offer that even this inexpensive YUME D5 w/optional seat can't satisfy (w/DIY mods) your need to get away for some fresh air whether standing or seated instead of tolling over your DIY build ?

Wouldn't you prefer buying an E-Skateboard that needs some DIY upgrades than an E-Skateboard that you can't improve upon or the labor intensive time consuming brain power designing/building your own Tesla E-Skateboard ?

Besides you're not as young as 'U' used to be for just an E-Skateboard instead of a combo E-SkateboardScooter - :thumb:
D52400WDualMotorElectricScooter_1_720x_bbe0b2e2-b103-43ae-8bbb-e4526fab6467.jpg

Add footrest peg bar up front for when your comfortably seated with platform serving as 6-pack Cargo Carry - :thumb:

An e-skateboard has its advantages, being narrow, light and easy to carry around but you cant really stop quickly on one unless you make an electric brake with a remote.

This thread is from 2016 guys... Elon was definitely not the richest man in the world back then.

Back