E-Loaded "Polk"

stuntmanmike

100 W
I wanted to build something that could travel well on trains & thru the city. My criteria was that it had to be light & compact >36" and of course as fast as possible. I chose the Loaded brand Polk deck for its size and concave pockets which really keep my feet in place very well. I'm running a Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2 Esc which I swapped into a water proof machined case. The motor is a Tacon Bigfoot 295kv and the for the remote I went with a Tactic 2 channel. I chose this particular remote because it has no visible antenna on either end.

cam projects 008.JPGcam projects 018.JPGView attachment 5cam projects 017.JPGcam projects 005.JPGcam projects 004.JPGcam projects 013.JPGcam projects 015.JPG

I should mention that the drive bracket came from Richard at Alien Drive & once again they're top shelf, machined to perfection. Thanks man, I had to take a hiatus for a while but I'm back now & healthier than ever.
I'm running this one at 6s w/a 8000mah Lipo brick, the battery compartment can hold two. I've been able to obtain more than 6 Miles on one pack consistently, if I add a second it goes up considerably to some where around 18-20 miles before cut off (3.3v).

Thanks man,
I'm sure you haven't been idle either, what's on your drawing board these days psychotiller?

Nice build and components!

What are your settings on your Mamba 2? I tried one and was never able to get the brakes to work to my satisfaction... I admit i didn't spend a ton of time as got my first VESC around that time and swapped to it.

I really like your enclosure - details on it?

Well done sir!

thanks man, I set the brakes to 70%, it's pretty much perfect at that. I have a few other builds which I have VeSC's in place but I love the unabashed power of the Mamba. It's just so simple & rugged. The enclosure is from a Thunder Tiger Rc Monster truck the mt4g3. I use these on most of my boards. I hollow it out with the Dremel & extend the latch screws with 1/4" spacers to accommodate large lipo's. It's a simple solution that doesn't weigh a ton & it works well.
IMG_0066.JPG

I would love that board but with less speed and strong climbing instead.

I live around New York City and its quite flat here but in testing I found that It could climb a hill as fast as i could go down one. I weigh 185 lbs and it doesn't strain or get warm even on long burner hills. This i attribute to having the correct pulley and hub gearing.

So as a beginner I guess the one attached to the motor (pulley?) is supposed to be smaller then on a fast board if I want it to be strong?

Skickat från min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

Khayman said:
So as a beginner I guess the one attached to the motor (pulley?) is supposed to be smaller then on a fast board if I want it to be strong?

Skickat från min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

Like a remote control car; the smaller the pinion or motor pulley the higher the top end, a larger pinion will make it faster off the line. But this one is geared somewhere in the middle & I don't remember the tooth count....But lucky for us this has been worked out by the guys at Alien Drive Systems. You'll have a choice of the motor pulley tooth count usually between 1-5 teeth variance for your preference.

the smaller the pinion or motor pulley the higher the top end

I am afraid this is incorrect. The smaller the pinion (motor pulley) the more torque but, less speed, the board will have.
The smaller the wheel gear the faster the board.

^^You're right I have that reversed, sorry.
Higher ratio means more torque and acceleration, but lower top speed. Lower ratio means less torque, more heat, higher top speed. Using a smaller pinion or larger hub is to lower the gearing. Using a larger pinion or smaller hub is raising the gearing.

torqueboards said:
Sweet build. I've always wanted one of those loaded pokes.. Price point is too high though for a deck :(
You only live once & you cant take it with you...Go big or stay home.

Back