**New arrival** LeifTech electric "Freebord"

stuntmanmike

100 W
I pre-ordered my LeifTech in spring 2015 & got it on Wednesday. Aaron the owner of LT is one hell of a nice guy that is doing his very best to fill all orders on time and to keep things at the agreed price point. I have been building electric skateboard for a long time and had thoughts starting my own company but after talking to Aaron & seeing the pressure with suppliers & quality control he was under I've changed my mind...I'll stick to building my boutique one off's as I always have.

It did take a while to get but upon receiving it I can understand why. This is a complex machine with a lot of moving parts, I could just imagine how difficult it is to mass produce.

With that said my first impressions are all good.
It appears to be made super well and balanced with all components feeling solid and robust. I opted for a second battery which extends the range dramatically.
The box itself was packaged perfectly with no expense spared in the packaging and everything neatly in place. I received the assembled board, toe bindings, hardware, charger & the extra battery as well as the battery already in the board. The only thing that needs to be assembled are the toe bindings which are totally adjustable and can be set up exactly like a snowboard. The controller is very simple & compact its almost like the handle of a toy gun with a trigger and a thumb switch. It has a micro usb port for recharging and led lights to show battery life, very cool. BTW the board also has led lights that indicate battery life.
So here are some pics of my brand new Leiftech....Enjoy!IMG_0196.JPGIMG_0199.JPGIMG_0200.JPGIMG_0201.JPGView attachment 3IMG_0203.JPGIMG_0207.JPGIMG_0198.JPG

exciting, hope youre having a good time! :D looking forward to some review after a few hundred kilometer riding. it really looks pretty complicated overall - hope that it holds up well!

Hey mike, how is it doing. got mine today.

I plan to make some packs as we have a LT1X which is lifepo4

IMG_6548.jpg

Nice! I want to get me one of those as well. they seem a lot more fun than normal longboards.
waiting for a video and in-depth review please.

yeah, sorry for the short videos but instead of having long boring selfie videos and especially because on my DIY board I am riding for like 8 months with hooks.. I am trying to progress and this is achieved by small stuff like jump higher, do backside 180. I am learning some 360 right now out of a little kicker. Other thing is that the videos are most of them made in the instagram shape, so that's another reason I keep them short.

For the upcoming video, I plan to do a learning session; basically I never ever rode a freebord... so that is gonna be fun. I am also looking with the DIY eye on this Leiftech stuff and go with my own battery packs to extend the range as the LT1X is like 6 miles.

Basically, a new toy in the garage !

nice, cool video! :D

how much runtime you get from the small battery pack?

its maybe weird, but the leif/freebord doesnt appeal to me somehow. I respect the idea and even more that someone made a product from it, but I just have no interest in sliding around. only hard carving gets my endorphin going! 8)

I may have an idea regarding the issue I had ! I noticed that but I was too lazy to isolate them. I will proceed now and will report back. The guys at Leiftech are really great, it's basically a top notch customer service

leiftechcable.jpg

Back