Eon Scooter

Johnny B

100 mW
With all the funds generated on IndieGoGo by Eon Scooter, thought it might be good to open up a discussion thread away from IndieGoGo for the many backers of these scooters. It seems like the scooters are evolving even as they sell them. I am scooter order #19, so I should be able to give an update on how things are moving as theoretically I am at the front of the line. Anyway, welcome Eon Scooter backers. Your thoughts and discussion welcome.

Very interested to see a review. Also I would like to know how well they work on a real world off-road situation like a trail with bumps. So I hope you can address this.

Here is another backer. I think im order 100 something.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I will post a review after I receive mine. One thing I have learned, it's one thing to read about something, it's another to ride it. I can't imagine even with dual wheel drive it will be a good off-road ride, there is not much travel in the suspension. I have a 48V eBikeboard that is great off-road, but much bigger tires and better suspension. You want an electric off-road ride, check out the Nikola Zero! https://nikolapowersports.com Hopefully I will have my Eon in March, but suspect it will be later.

The scooter is going to have a great controller as Lyen is somewhat partner with them but he won't reveal it to the public. I'm assuming the program wire will be there. It will be 6 fet controller for dual motor. I will be adding alarm to mine. Keyless start and the whole bit.
89e227663dce19af2beaaceac333743b.jpg

For about a grand we are getting dual motor 52v 20ah battery. And lights. It's already better than ecoreco.

It's funny how they were trying to stay with the 25mph California laws and now it's doing 40mph. I don't won't to hit a pothole at even 25. Lol. I do enjoy the speed though.

Thanks for your insightful post. Learned a lot there, but much of it went way over my head. Can you give us a user level explanation of what you posted? The controller is well built and programmable?

This is just opinion of what I've seen. Lyen posted a video of him testing the dual motor application. I can post the link here. He is using his controller. Lyen controller is infineon which is suppose to be beefer. I think all infineon controllers have a program cable. You can use xps or Lyen software or whatever software you choose. I fugur3 where not getting the scoot until late March. Let's go March where are you.

I looked for the video. It looks like eon did like me publishing it on the comments section and told him to delete the footage.i did screenshot the video. Here it is.
48d176cd2795501489c9b8588be8a4be.jpg

Another backer here (day3) I do remember seeing that video, does anyone have an idea as to what disg brakes they are going with for the dual motor?

dventu said:
The scooter is going to have a great controller as Lyen is somewhat partner with them but he won't reveal it to the public. I'm assuming the program wire will be there. It will be 6 fet controller for dual motor. I will be adding alarm to mine. Keyless start and the whole bit.
89e227663dce19af2beaaceac333743b.jpg

For about a grand we are getting dual motor 52v 20ah battery. And lights. It's already better than ecoreco.

It's funny how they were trying to stay with the 25mph California laws and now it's doing 40mph. I don't won't to hit a pothole at even 25. Lol. I do enjoy the speed though.

Will you post up details when you do? the alarm/keyless remote start hes me very interested.

I ordered the alarm from China it varies from $8 to $15. What details are you looking for. Once I get my scooter I'm cracking the floor board open to see what's so "specially tuned". As for the disc brakes I would assume Clark m2. We won't really know until we get our scoot. Eon is very secretive with there stuff. As they dont want people to replicate them before there release. Do you have access to the video as I can't find it know.

dventu said:
I ordered the alarm from China it varies from $8 to $15. What details are you looking for. Once I get my scooter I'm cracking the floor board open to see what's so "specially tuned". As for the disc brakes I would assume Clark m2. We won't really know until we get our scoot. Eon is very secretive with there stuff. As they dont want people to replicate them before there release. Do you have access to the video as I can't find it know.

Looking for fitting info basically, yes here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqE63NF8bwI

I don't know much info but I only have thoughts. I'm a contributor not a worker for eon. Lol

After you made the forum now they made a private facebook group. Lol

dventu said:
After you made the forum now they made a private facebook group. Lol

That is still a good thing, I am on many mazda forums as well as the facebook pages, most forum members are on facebook groups but still run build threads on the forums as the information all stays there where facebook pages seem to devour the information rather quickly.

Didn't join the FB backers group yet for a few reasons, but I agree with jdm323, the more info out there the better. Seems like a good idea. I think a customer forum like this that doesn't go through the company is also a good idea. We can discuss Eon scooters without secrecy and exclamation points! Stay Tuned!

Got the alarm in the other day its pretty neat. It has keyless start, locks the wheel up when the alarm goes off and of course panic

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

dventu said:
Got the alarm in the other day its pretty neat. It has keyless start, locks the wheel up when the alarm goes off and of course panic

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Do you have a link for the one you have?

Punch this number into ebay it should come up. 112275364569

How many of you all think the new 5ah upgrade is ridiculous

It looks very similar to what is already on the market, in terms of the standard and mini. The folding seat on the pro version is something I haven't seen. The specs look way too good to be true for where the market is. I'm actually riding something very similar already and I've put about 500km on mine in the past couple months.

I am very skeptical of the power output they are claiming. 8 inch hub motor at 1250w for 8" wheels is getting into the absurd territory.The industry standard tops out at 350W 36v for 8" , which equates to about 30-33kmh or 20mph top speed. That's the motor I have in mine. I have the same problem with their 500W 5" hub motor in the mini. The industry standard tops out at 250w at the moment and about 15mph. I've seen identical looking hub motors everywhere, they are all 250w 26v motors the last I checked. They are saying their gear-less hub motors are twice as powerful as everyone else, but their top speed and design is the same. That's going to be a spankin'.

Well I'm very upset I'm not receiving the scoot this month. If i dont see the product rolling out soon I'll be issuing a charge back. I've been reading this thread and there is a lot of unhappy customers. http://forums.letskickscoot.com/post?id=8333591&trail=75

Back