Will upgrade Razor E300 to 24V 500W brushed motor be effective?

CStratton

100 µW
I want to upgrade my kids E300. I want to keep it 24v because of existing 6s lipo packs that I own. Is going from the 250watt brushed to a 500watt brushed going to show a big enough difference to worry about?

The biggest worry would be the amount of torque produced from the 500w motor. Assuming you're keeping the gearing the same you will have a much greater amount of torque so it could throw a small child off.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The kids are not small. The increase in torque is what I want! I am also going to upgrade the throttle to be variable. So the 500 watt motor will deliver a large increase in torque over the 250 watt motor?

Ok, Make sure you change the speed controller also, it will need to be a variable speed controller.
Just in case you wasn't aware.
Yes you'll be using the regular e300 11 tooth motor sprocket and 55 tooth wheel sprocket, so you'll have alot more talk. Much better for gradients.
Just make sure the batteries can cope with the extra power.

paul fortman said:
Ok, Make sure you change the speed controller also, it will need to be a variable speed controller.
Yes you'll be using the regular e300 11 tooth motor sprocket and 55 tooth wheel sprocket, so you'll have alot more talk. Much better for gradients.

Speaking of batteries, I planned on just using some 6s lipo packs from my RC airplane junk. But the more I read around here everyone seems to be using Samsung 18650 round cells? Is this the same chemistry or slightly different? I assume the round cells would be better for durability? What is the advantage of these round cells over the soft cells?

CStratton said:
paul fortman said:

Speaking of batteries, I planned on just using some 6s lipo packs from my RC airplane junk. But the more I read around here everyone seems to be using Samsung 18650 round cells? Is this the same chemistry or slightly different? I assume the round cells would be better for durability? What is the advantage of these round cells over the soft cells?
I'm entirely sure tbh so I wouldn't like to say one way or another.
But If I was to recommend an extremely great reliable battery for your e300 then it is this one below. It plugs straight into the e300 controller or aftermarket controllers.
I've done 1,300 miles on mine so far and the battery is as strong as day one. The battery is good for around 3000 miles and is a very reasonable price.
It fits very tightly into the battery tray and there's enough room for the controller too. You just have to manipulate it all to fit but it all fits very well.

https://www.mafscooters.com/brand-new-lithium-polymer-life-po4-7ah-24volts-battery-and-charger-122-p.asp

paul fortman said:
CStratton said:
paul fortman said:

I'm entirely sure tbh so I wouldn't like to say one way or another.
But If I was to recommend an extremely great reliable battery for your e300 then it is this one below. It plugs straight into the e300 controller or aftermarket controllers.
I've done 1,300 miles on mine so far and the battery is as strong as day one. The battery is good for around 3000 miles and is a very reasonable price.
It fits very tightly into the battery tray and there's enough room for the controller too. You just have to manipulate it all to fit but it all fits very well.

https://www.mafscooters.com/brand-new-lithium-polymer-life-po4-7ah-24volts-battery-and-charger-122-p.asp

1300 miles! :shock: Holy moly, how much do you ride?

I literally ride it every single day, I used to ride a Honda CBR fireblade, and I bought my son a razor e300 for his birthday and had a go of it (as you do haha) and I thought to myself "I bet I could upgrade the spec for me to ride one". 2 years down the road I'm commuting on it every day and build them from scratch. I just buy them second hand for cheap and then strip them down and replace everything to a much higher spec.
Such fantastic machines they really are.

paul fortman said:
I literally ride it every single day, I used to ride a Honda CBR fireblade, and I bought my son a razor e300 for his birthday and had a go of it (as you do haha) and I thought to myself "I bet I could upgrade the spec for me to ride one". 2 years down the road I'm commuting on it every day and build them from scratch. I just buy them second hand for cheap and then strip them down and replace everything to a much higher spec.

What are the specs for the one you commute on if you don't mind me asking? I want to build one able to yank my 210 lb ass around? Lol

CStratton said:
paul fortman said:

What are the specs for the one you commute on if you don't mind me asking? I want to build one able to yank my 210 lb ass around? Lol
Haha,

I use a 36v 500w motor with the variable speed controller and throttle set up.
I'm using a 10ah battery.
I have a 15 tooth motor sprocket and 44tooth wheel sprocket for extra speed should I need to get places faster.

Back