New Dual Motor 10S VESC Build

Hello All,

Quite a while ago now I made an electric skateboard. If you're interested in that one here is a link to the intructable I made on it a while ago https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Electric-Skateboard-1/ Since then the diy electric skateboard industry has moved on a lot with many companies now offering a variety of components for every build.

I intended on a dual motor setup but once again intended to stick to the idea of it being as diy as possible. However after some research I found several motor mounts and a full dual truck set up from diyeboard.com. I have to say I think it is almost impossible to actually make it cheaper unless you had access to a cnc machine. So this is what I went forward with.

Here is the parts I used for the build,

Drive System
DiyEboard/Flipsky Dual Drive Motor Kit
www.banggood.com/custlink/GKDvDkTtND

​Battery
DiyEboard 10s2p Battery Pack
goo.gl/5ofnfX

ESC
Flipsky Dual VESC
www.banggood.com/custlink/mvDDmU7V4u

Flipsky AntiSpark Switch
www.banggood.com/custlink/vK333quPeo

Remote Control
Alien Power System 2.4 Ghz
goo.gl/3RTK5W

img-1887.jpg

I designed the enclosure on NX11 which was then SLS manufactured in nylon.

View attachment 5

I used some m4 inserts which provide a secure and reusable connection to the board

View attachment 4

I then assembled the rest of the board

View attachment 3

View attachment 2

img-1952.jpg

And there it is, I made a quick video of the build with some initial testing if you're interested

[youtube]39XUgiqkBVw[/youtube]

More in depth review to follow, if you have any questions or feedback then please do leave a comment :)

Looks great!

How is the power / speed with those banggood motors? That is a good price.

Where did you get the enclosure manufactured?

Cheers.

rlynd3 said:
Looks great!

How is the power / speed with those banggood motors? That is a good price.

Where did you get the enclosure manufactured?

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks very much for your comment!

I haven't ridden the board an awful lot yet (maybe around 8 cycles of the battery) but they seem to have plenty of power and speed at the moment. I weigh around 14st if that helps. It's definitely quick enough but haven't had chance to actually measure the speed yet but most people say they get around 25mph from similar set-ups.

The enclosure I was fortunately able to get manufactured at my university but there are a few companies where you will be able to get one printed.

Thank you for the information. I do miss havening access to University lab/shop equipment. Maybe now is a good time to go back for my masters... ;)

Cheers.

Back