high voltage draw on full throttle

Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to the E-scooter world and got a question on the battery side.

I've got a 52v dual 1300w motor scooter and my voltage draw on the dual engine setting at full throttle is 5v! that seems really high to me....is that normal?

on the single motor setting, it's around 2-3v at full throttle.

many thanks for any replies!
Sal

Two motors 1300W = 2600W. With a 52v battery - it's about 50A, at full throttle. Most likely You have a 24AH battery capacity, the battery gives about >2С. Drawdown, 5 volts with battery 13s is approximately 0.38v per cell, it's a standard figure for most of the batteries under such a load.

Yup, the numbers seem about right. You could check for hot spots in your wiring/connections after a hard run, but absent those it's just what batteries do under high load.

fantastic, thanks so much for all your replies! your pretty spot on with my AH which is rated at 21ah.

another question (sorry!)
on full charge, my pack reads 58v which i understand is correct....so when it reads around 50v, it's getting low but still has some capacity and runs absolutely fine but under load it drops to 45v...could i damage the pack in any way with prolonged squirts of full throttle?

Each parallel string should have 4.2v at full charge with 13 rows of them in series fully charged should be no more than 54.6v otherwise the pack will get warm.

Either the multimeter or measuring equipment is uncalibrated/faulty or you have a 14s pack that charges to 58.8v.

I would check with another tester to cross reference results and verify findings if it is a 13s pack at 58v it would be to hot to handle so there a simple error somewhere as it sounds to be working fine.

salmirabile said:
another question (sorry!)
on full charge, my pack reads 58v which i understand is correct....so when it reads around 50v, it's getting low but still has some capacity and runs absolutely fine but under load it drops to 45v...could i damage the pack in any way with prolonged squirts of full throttle?

Correct. I’d start going easy on it at 48V.

Back