M365 Very Slow After Rain

UKKid35

100 µW
I used my 2 month old M365 in light drizzle a few days ago and it became very slow

It seemed to partially recover over the following few hours after charging, but is now very slow again despite being kept inside in the warm

I've checked in side the battery compartment, and it seems perfectly dry, but the stickers say Water Detected black print on white background (I don't know what they looked like before)

Are there any easy checks I can make?

Do I need to check the hub motor, or is it more likely to be a control board?

Many thanks

Opened up the hub motor and it looks pristine, no sign of damp or corrosion

It is likely the water got somewhere and made a conductive path. The controller and display unit are suspect. Try to open them and look for signs of water. If you see white fuzzy stuff, it's a clue. Be sure to disconnect the battery before attempting to clean anything. I generally use alcohol and a toothbrush to clean boards. In some cases the water + electricity can completely eat through the copper traces on a circuit board. Many time this can be repaired by soldering a small wire across the bad spot.

UKKid35 said:
I used my 2 month old M365 in light drizzle a few days ago and it became very slow

It seemed to partially recover over the following few hours after charging, but is now very slow again despite being kept inside in the warm

I've checked in side the battery compartment, and it seems perfectly dry, but the stickers say Water Detected black print on white background (I don't know what they looked like before)

Are there any easy checks I can make?

Do I need to check the hub motor, or is it more likely to be a control board?

Many thanks

I would first make the following checks:
-check your battery voltage, if it is too low that might easily explain why you lost perfs
-Check if your wheels spin freely: a bearing might be destroyed, or the brakes might rub on the discs too much
-Check your throttle, if water got inside it it possible that it doesn't work well anymore. Also check all the throttle connectors from the throttle itself to the controller, and clean them. It could be that a connector is corroded, hence making an unusual resistance, which would trick the controller in believing that the throttle isn't wide opened.

I doubt it would be a controler or motor issue, usually if water gets inside the controller it will just stop working alltogether, and if water gets inside the motor you'll either be able to hear it or it it got dried you won't have a speed loss, the only real damage it can do is either rust on the stator (which shouldn't impact speed), or damage on the hall sensors, if your motor is equiped with hall sensors, in which case the motor won't work at all.

Checked the dashboard, looks pristine, no sign of any damp or water damage

Wheels do spin freely

I will check the throttle next and the battery after that

Would the display still show 4 dots if there were a battery problem that would make the scooter unable to tackle any incline at all?

User Error!

:oops:

The M365 was 'stuck' in Eco mode

In my defence:

• I hadn't realised that switching it on/off wouldn't reset the mode
  • The mode is not obvious in bright sunlight
  • I've never deliberately selected Eco mode so I wasn't familiar with the power delivery (or lack of it)

On the plus side:

• I have discovered this great forum
  • While investigating the display I have found and ordered a digital dash

Back