DJI Phantom 2

A friend of mine got one of these, It's really amazing, I could see endless hours of fun with this, it's really cool !

The video below if not his lol just for demo.

DSC_0033-1-1.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

[youtube]e2i5HUC4ZGs[/youtube]

I have something similar called the x900 tricopter (poor man's DJI). I am using a Mobius/Fatshark on mine and I think it's one of the coolest things ever. Here's a pic of one with a go-pro strapped to it:
Tri26Delux50.jpg

FPV is fun, you can fly through the woods like a speeder from Return of the Jedi and fly over and check out stuff you couln't normally get to on foot, and lets not forget about the bird noises that you can make while you are flying, those sweet sweet bird noises.

I have just Built a MultiWii Quad X copter.. very easy trust me

I Must say if you are at all interested in this stuff.. for $150-$250 you can make a really decent quadcopter and get use to flying it.
If you get the right setup you can get a flight time of 20-30 mins quite easily ..

This was my first version in the video below. cost me $140

[youtube]FNXTeRK[/youtube]

Nah I did not bother..

only because it takes about 20- 30 minutes to put together and do it all... Providing you have all fitting connections..
Mine was only basic.. barometer, mag, acc...

I am building a way better one now with gps and all that..

I have fpv gear but going to change it i think to more powerful stuff and get better antennas..
Ill pretty much mount a full size video camera.. looking for one now.. just worried about the noise.. don't want interference to the gps

I think on the Phantom forums they recommend turning off the GoPro wifi because it's on 2.4 Ghz like the controller and it can interfere with the gps seemingly.

The Video usually transmits on 5 Ghz and doesn't interfere with the GPS or controller. But I'm far from an expert on the subject.

Might try some of the diy quadcopter kits and learn how to fly then maybe get a fpv one, or build a fpv ready then get a GoPro after a while.

yeah.. Im not talking about the same frequency's.. you would normally have gear that frequency hops...
Im talking about electrical noise from other equipment..

Some people have said that some full sized video cameras can interrupt gps and radio gear..
I guess you just test it see how it all goes.. Some people use a spectrum analyser to see how much electrical noise is emitted from gear....

You should build one tho.. you really dont need to spend much tho to get it started.. and you can fully customise it..

I started with $10 motors and $9 escs for that video of mine.. the frame was $20 and the flight controller like $25 or something..

I have barometer for altitude hold..
magnetometer for heads free mode
and the standard gyro and acc...
Bluetooth $8 extra
gps can be added later for about $40...

im addicted to them.. I tried RC planes crashed so much.. something about multirotors makes them so much fun to fly and muck around with and if your careful you wont crash much..

speaking of those cheap motors i was using.. this is the type of power you would expect..
and the frame was only $20

[youtube]2w0nB5c-3AU[/youtube]

[youtube]qfk8D0bHZ0o[/youtube]

this flight controller is feature packed after adding bluetooth!!!
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__26588__MultiWii_PRO_Flight_Controller_w_MTK_GPS_Module.html

good for the price.. i think it will be my next board

[youtube]oQVTXxWSDMU[/youtube]

Back