Help mee, esc for lampuga boost carbon jet surf

pepe pisa

10 µW
Hi all, as per Title I have a problem with my jetsurf,
It was pretty much exploded and so I redid it again.. Batteries, motor, ESC etc...
I managed to get it all started.. But it is the 2 esc that I burn (not of the MGM;))

I have a 14s28p battery pack with VTC4
Engine: Lehner 7040/6
Specifications: Power: 11kW
Rotational speed: 14,000 RPM
KV: 250-300 rpm/V
Voltage: 58V
Motor type: Brushless with external rotating casing
The engine runs at 320 rpm KV unloaded and with load 280 rpm KV
First there was an ESC mounted: HBC25063-3 of the MGM Compro, from 63v 250amp

The two ESC that I tried and burned, were 14-16s 350amp.. But I do not think they have burned for an overload (not even arrived at 300 amp) but unlike the MGM had 8 capacitors from 63v 330uF
and 30 MOSFETs

While the MGM HBC has 4 1000uF 63v capacitors
While I don't know how many mosfets he owned because it was all carbonized..

There is also a series of 10 capacitors placed in parallel series by 63v 1000uf to be put before the ESC
(I think to counteract the inductance)

Now you also have all the secrets of the dolphin fish to be able to build your Jetsurf:D:D

Having said this I wanted to know if any of you had had my same problem and if there would be a possibility of a different ESC from a MGM that costs $1,200 with the danger that you burn...

Thank you very much
Gianluca

Anyone who used an ESC (excluding MGM) 14s with a Lehner 11kw and resisted it at least 2h? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You might be better off moving to a more industrial converter like an emsiso emDrive 150 or inMotion ACS. They will be much more robust and handle the continuous current reliably.

Back