LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
New premium Swedish electric surfboard is making waves in extreme water sports:
https://electrek.co/2018/07/31/new-premium-swedish-electric-surfboard/

Starts w/a pic:
awake-ravic-electric-surfboard-header.jpg

... and:
Electric water sports is definitely a niche industry. Don’t get me wrong, there are some awesome electric watercraft out there, including electric boats powered by BMW i3 batteries, electric trucking company-owned electric jet skis even more radical options such as an electric bicycle with hydrofoils to let you pedal across the water.

But if you’re looking for something in between those options, something with the speed of a sport boat or jet ski combined with the thrill of a motorbike, all designed for skimming the surface of the water, then Swedish company Awake might have you covered.

Their new premium electric surfboard goes on sale tomorrow and is set to redefine what you thought you knew about surfing.

You no longer need to wait for the perfect wave, or any wave for that matter. That’s because the board, known as the RÄVIK, is an aquatic beast that can tear up the water either in the ocean or in flat lakes and rivers.

The board is designed to travel at speeds of up to 30 knots (that’s 35 mph or 56 km/h for us landlubbers) and can hit those speeds in around 4 seconds. In water!

:mrgreen:

... and a vid on YT:
[youtube]8i_krwjHWhM[/youtube]

8)

Back