4 years, and 3000+ miles later...

Hello all, have not been here in a while! It is now the 5th summer with my ebike build and it's still kicking! same Calibike 15AH 48v battery!. The top speed is now only 28mph, down from 29/30. And the range (using all throttle [no pas installed]) - until a noticable loss of umph, is around 16.5 miles down from about 21 when new.

I think that's pretty darn good for the money!

Granted, I live in the snow belt and the bike sits for about 6 months of the year at a guesstimated half charge state.

But still. Very happy with this Calibike triangle battery. The rear cable looks pretty worn where it enters the axle. Probably from a few tumbles and the way it got transported in the back of my car. But it still works ok. The battery bag wore out where the charging port is, but the peeps at calibike, sent me a whole new replacement bag!

So I just wanted to pop in with the review, and once again thank all the people who answered all my questions back when I was new and searching for answers.

Bought three batteries from Calibike hope mine do as well. Bought mine bigger than needed hope they are at 70% in ten years. My car is 8 years old and its at 78% lost 3 miles distance this year. Don't have a clue on how far my trike will go.

Do you only charge to 80-90% and not run it to low just wondering.

3 2 19a.JPGI am 4 years into my Calibike battery, and about 7,000 miles. 48 volt 20Amp. 1000W motor. I charge every 25 to 30 miles from about 40% to 90% and every 10 times or so to 100%. I have had no drop-off at all. Same as day i installed. I am using a Cycle Annalist 2.3 set at 29 Amp and 25 MPH. I also have a 18m Lyen controller. Very basic set up I can ride rain or shine (except snow). It is a 29" bike so it is big as am I at 6 ft and 260 lbs, my tires are 2.5" wide so I can ride on the beach (firm sand). Cali has been good and would buy again. If I upgrade I will go 54v 20amp. I have bought one new charger and keep a spare on the shelf.

Attachments

• 5 2 19.jpg
    5 2 19.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2,693
Back