REVIEW: 2 Years with Chinese Electric Bike Front and Rear Suspension FC-1 54V 1500W (RisunMotor)

nerdo

1 mW
20171213_223839.jpg

This eBike comes in different customizations and may differ somewhat in name (stealth bomber) from site to site.
Producer however is the same: Risun Motor, which seems to be the same company as Conhismotor and HalloMotor

If you are thinking about buying any bike from Risun Motor, my advice shortly is DON’T.

Better look for other options, decent customer support is pricelsess!

Bike on different sites:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32762646008.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dZhZ08C
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Risunmotor-Ebike-72V-5000W-FC-1-Bomber-Super-Power-Mountain-Electric-Bike-/173606541893
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32764435872.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_1020736030.subject_5
https://hallomotor.com/collections/hallomotor-electric-bike/products/hallomotor-eu-usa-duty-free-fast-powerful-48v-60v-72v-1000w-1500w-2000w-3000w-5000w-stealth-bomber-ebike
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vongcoki-Exclusive-Electric-Customized-Suspension/dp/B07GBVYKFF

I bought my bike on Aliexpress in October 2017
Price back then was USD 2,599 plus USD 200 for shipping.
Arrived with UPS to Europe in 4 weeks, delivered home in a heavy shipping wooden crate.
Needed to mount front wheel, handlebar, pedals and seat.
DSC05887.jpg
DSC05897.jpg
I like
  • Relatively good built (with its many flaws), for the price then (higher price now)
  • Looks nice, not as bulky as other bikes in same category
  • Long battery life (opted for 54V 3500 mAh Panasonic cells)
  • Thanks to large battery has nice range of 170 km on PAS
  • E-Tune Tektro hydraulic brakes
  • Risun will send replacement parts for free in the 1 year guarantee period (honoured that with me)

I dislike
  • Unprofessional and at times dubious customer support, see under.
  • Badly translated user guides, e.g. for display/controller
  • Heavy 48 kg with battery, better have a plan for breakdowns :lol:
  • Not detachable battery for charging, need wall socket where bike is kept
  • 24´´x 3,0 tyres not readily available, I bought recently online for EUR 31 each
  • Switching on/off tone is too loud, would’ve appreciated a mute option.
  • Tends to develop rust in hollow frame parts
  • Rust with paint chipping off seat mount

Issues I faced
  • defective motor out of the box, stopped initially intermittently in the first 2 runs with display showing error code for motor hall abnormality. Then stopped completely. Looooong process
  • light cable got broken after about a year, friction issue between fork and frame.
  • chipping paint on seat mount noticed already from month 2, likely bad paint job to begin with. Couldn’t tolerate anymore and patchy treatment surely not effective with rusty edges. Stripped paint recently and did a proper paint job.
  • Back tyre got a bump after almost 2 years, adequate pressure and still good tread.
  • Cut motor cable, most likely by brake disc, and dead controller.

Will be adding some pictures after reducing size!

My experience with support from RisunMotor:

1st issue: Bike motor defective out of the box
I told support there seems to be some sort of friction in motor hub, insisted on trying a new controller which the sent on warranty. That didn’t work of course.
I opened motor hub to find that stator plates are scratched and chipped on one side, likely due not probably aligned axle/core inside the hub.
I had to wait for a new motor, replaced defect core/stator with new one and at last I could ride my new bike after 4 month from receiving it.
IMPORTANT to mention here that my messages were ignored often, once for 2 weeks. I had to look for a phone number and call Risun Motor, then things started moving again.
20180507_161246.jpg 20180507_161806.jpg

2nd issue:
Controller got fried 4 months ago. I contacted Risun Motor on Aliexpress for advice, was advised to purchase a newer version of their controllers with a coloured display. At USD 200 its 4 times the price of a replacement for my old simpler controller.
I went along as new one offers a load of better functions, probably less likely to die on me like old one.
BUT before ordering I asked if dimensions of new controllers are similar so it'd fit in my bike’s mount/guard, I felt it looked a bit bigger in picture, was unsure if pic was sort of distorted. The answer I got was yes it will fit my bike.

Of course when I received the new controller my initial suspicion was correct, new one is shorter, wider and higher.
More than a week of ignoring my messages passed (they do this often). I asked for the newer larger controller mount, this is the reasonable and right thing to do.

I got following replies (see attached chat screenshot):
  • The guy did say sorry btw, admitted it was his mistake, not very helpful though to rectify that mistake!
  • Can send the new bigger mount, 2 min later, sorry its sold out
  • Asked to order from a local store in my country!!
  • Asked to return controller and get sent a suitable one. I refused because it'd cost me more money
  • Again asked to buy from local store…… how annoying is that!
  • Or I get offer suitable controller half price

Only when I asked about best way to fix a cut motor cable (probably the cause of the whole thing), advice was better buy a new motor (default answer to almost everything), and then they will send me the controller mount together with it (hang on ...thought it was sold out!!)

I fixed the motor cable, and told them motor is ok. Next response I got was shipping new controller mount costs USD 40.
After 3 weeks of beating around the bush I got a victory and the mount was shipped.
Of course something still had to be wrong, holes were not aligned correctly, I had to drill a hole in new mount.

Next surprise was the setup of new controller, so called pairing it with motor, need to connect to PC and use MQCON program to set hall sensor angle, regenerative function and speed limit.
Risun has removed the option to set speed limit from its 750C screen, so it has to be programmed in.
They sent me links to manuals and app only when I asked, don't expect help when you have questions.

Attachments

• Aliexpress chat with Risun.jpg
    Aliexpress chat with Risun.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 3,552
what a disaster from China
please,
write more
did you finally fix it?
good that Aliexpress watches all your experience

Interesting. It looks like your frame isn't even cromoly but some mild steel... My cromoly china bike (not eeb) has had a big paint chip right next to brake rotor since it was new(2yrs+), never touched it and ridden through mud a few times. The spot is completely clear, matte grey. Only a sepc of rust colored dust in a crevice I could wipe it off with fingernail.

You have to make sure the motor cable does not touch the rear discbrake on ebikes. Risun motor are the ones who sell Sabvoton controllers on ali express and alibaba. I have good business transactions with them in that regard.

I cannot believe.
actually
rotor rubbing against stator?
I have never seen anything like that
anyone? any links to similar issues?

Back