good/bad experiences with AliExpress 'Panasonic' batteries ?

DTBAKER61

1 mW
I'm looking to replace a 36v x 10ah 'X-go' cannister battery pack.... voltage is sagging badly under load, even with a puny 250watt hub motor, which kicks off the low-voltage limit when it drops to 32v.

I spent a little while shopping around, found a couple exact replaces from US warehouse promising 1-2 week delivery for around $250.... did a little more shopping, found bunches of shops on AliExpress claiming Panasonic packs, with charger, for $60 plus $30 shipping for 2-3week shipping.

My questions are :
- has anyone verified any of these shops shipping 'real' panasonic batteries ?
- do they use decent BMS (preventing fires and short cycle life?)
- do they actually deliver in 2-3 weeks?

....and a related question is payment. I tried to pay, credit card was not accepted. My card provider apparently considers Ali-China payments on the risky list and prohibits unless you specifically unlock. So, I'm wondering have people have generally good or bad experiences buying batteries from AliExpress vendors?

99+% are scams, in the sense of not meeting claimed specs, that's just normal business practices in this industry.

**Never** buy from a source offering low prices if you want decent quality, you are just ripping yourself off.

Buy the real cells you want in bulk from known good suppliers and either buy a spot welder learn to make your own packs

or pay someone local to do it for you.

You will see the lowest possible price for a good pack is far higher than the prices you see advertised. Proof they are all selling crap.

I had good luck with ebay (Unit Pack Power); 36V, 10 ah battery was $184 and arrived in a couple of weeks packaged nicely, assembled well and with good (AFAICT) cells.

i have some Panasonic cells that are really good. I am trying to get rid of them. Not sure if they are fake, but they are really good.

Back