Blood 72701 controller + waterblock

Ianhill

1 MW
Ordered 2 weeks ago turned up today packaged in a box decent enough no damage very helpful seller.

I paid £223 for controller plus waterblock and shipping i saved on transfer fees using paypal too but this price does move about with currency fluctuations so dont be alarmed if its £235 or so.

As for the controller itself its a lump at 2.9kg with its cooling block but thats to be expected its in the 20+kw power range the dimensions are 8cm tall 13.5 wide and 25cm long with the water block but in operation with coolant its going to be 3kg there abouts.

Couple of basic pics for now ill update the thread later with some internal shots and more build thoughts but next major hurdle is getting the blood app apk.

Screenshot_20210524-180023_Photo Translator.jpg
Screenshot_20210524-180124_Photo Translator.jpg
IMG_20210524_192320862.jpg
IMG_20210524_192334519.jpg
IMG_20210524_192347789.jpgIMG_20210524_192359602.jpgIMG_20210524_192411155.jpg

larsb said:
Looks so much like a Votol except the blue plastic. Interesting to see how this one turns out.

Ill peel it open now next hour or so and secrets will be revealed, votol got a different shell on them ive seen these shells in the past on something else not sure what.

Case aint going to come apart without making a mess of the plastics its sealed very well its a decent choice for a bike that lives outside all the time but as for popping the lid off id need to stanley blade and screwdriver the plastic lid up and i dont feel the need to damage a new item without even turning it on and then struggle to seal it all back up

Getting the app i made a Wechat account then searched within there for mini programs then i get to use the app but no installed apk so data is always required, got to be a way of extracting that apk so im gonna have a dig into that.

larsb said:
Looks so much like a Votol except the blue plastic. Interesting to see how this one turns out.

Id bet its a votol circuit board inside maybe a few different components on the board and few software command changes involved so the bluetooth app works but more or less the same output, the settings are identical to the votol 200.

Ill be getting a qs138 70 and running it on 219 chain i can gear that with 9t-11tfront and 60-94t rear max for cheap what ever peaks i can get ill be after.

That means i can gear down max of 10.4-1 that's huge it would properly work fine with 26inch wheels take the crank away fit a oset rear hub in a 26 wheel and have a 20kw chaindrive hardtail pushbike, only if the spokes were strong enough

For anyone playing along the bolt holes are 7mm so i drilled the controller out and tapped it to m8 then drilled the waterblock out to 8.5mm and bolted them together, it will be fitted to an aluminium plate when installed with alloy pan head allen key to stop galvanic corrosion but for now ill use some standard hex bolt for dimension purposes.
When i fit it ill have to fit some sealant to the cooling plate theres grooves to fill so its straight forward and im going to swap the water block connectors to 90 bend ones they easy enough to get hold of aftermarket fuel pumps use them.
IMG_20210525_212102502.jpgIMG_20210525_212506212.jpg

Dont advise anyone in uk to play along import charges are a absolute joke at the moment £60 extra so this cost me more like £285 and the motor i just ordered will be closer to £400 once they fist me.
Wish i knew it was so bad as ive ordered led lights to they gonna push till they get the elbow in.

Stalled the motor i got was a qs138 70h 5 pole pair and the controller after much much work getting past mandrin conversations to get the bluetooth app working and wiring setup only works with 14pole pair motors and up one good thing is it will work but just with a hub motor.

I took a step back for five my builds wernt going to plan but im slowly coming round to starting a new project in the next 6 months or so using a 30kw capable hub on a vespa looking ride.

Ill have to put my motor on ebay nearly sold it in a private sale for £180 but only £150 was offered and i could not take that it cost me £330 from siecosy, any one wants the 70h in uk get hold of me i got a shelf new item no use waitimg for a ride to get ripping.

Ill try and grab some screen shots on the weekend ill have to dig my psu out and power it up.

The app seemed easy enough to use with overspeed functionality ebrake is an adjustable value in the app so its like a basic Bluetooth jobby setup wise.

Only issue i had was getting a wechat account and registering it so i could open the app and get it too grant permission to adjust settings as i kept getting error messages with no clue what it meant but in the end i got it too work, i need to refresh myself with it anyway so when i got time ill get back too you soon.

To use the controller i had to sign up to wechat and get the seller to authenticate my account but after months wechat is now asking me for more details, so im doing some reasearch to see what its about and is there shady behaviour.

For some it be fine having to use the app while having location turned on and use mobile data as the app is stored on wechat servers making me use wechat everytime to access it, but it pisses me off its intrusive and if i knew that id not of bought it, anyone want it cheap get hold of me its not for me but maybe for you its in uk give me a shout.

Ianhill said:
To use the controller i had to sign up to wechat and get the seller to authenticate my account but after months wechat is now asking me for more details, so im doing some reasearch to see what its about and is there shady behaviour.

For some it be fine having to use the app while having location turned on and use mobile data as the app is stored on wechat servers making me use wechat everytime to access it, but it pisses me off its intrusive and if i knew that id not of bought it, anyone want it cheap get hold of me its not for me but maybe for you its in uk give me a shout.

That's a stopper for me also. If i wanted personal tracking on Chinese servers then I'd move there

I was hoping to program it the once yo max settings and be done with it, in that respect it would have been fine but to ever tune it down again id of been stuck i could of used the 3 speed function to get some differing power curves but it never turned out that way.

Maybe ill get a hub thats powerful enough to take the abuse and do that with it to save landfilling a large paper weight as its got potential ive seen them on youtube popping wheelies and they aint no joke.

Back