New RPM Motoped/HPC Typhoon

Daim11

100 mW
Hey Ladies & Gents,

I just wanted to introduce myself and my new E-bike, I am new to the E-bike world and I'm in hook, line & sinker! I spent months snooping around the forum and soaking up as much info as I could. I live about 5 miles from my office and was dying to commute on an E-bike. I have bike paths all the way to the office and yes I ride like a saint when other people are around as I understand it's a privilege that I do not want to lose nor do I want to do any harm to the community. Now when I get off road all bets are off, I've been riding for 30+ years and love being on 2 wheels. Anyways, after much contemplation I picked up a mid drive because I live in a hilly area and I wanted some good torque. To be honest it has more power than I had anticipated, this thing pulls like a dirt-bike and not an old Honda XR75 either.

This was my first dealings with RPM Race Proven Motors and they were terrific, answered all 2700 of my newbie buyer questions and hand help me the whole way. As I understand it they work hand in hand with the HPC crew, HPC does the electronics and RPM the metal fab work. They have both been great and I've dealt with HPC a couple of times with questions along with one trip to the shop with motor in hand and they sorted me out in about 3 minutes.

I'm tearing into it already having Oka whip up a big fat Tesla Battery for me, threw on some Maxxis tires that everyone on the forum raves about and I'm already thinking through how I can stuff a Cromotor in it with a Max-E and Addapto. I want to bend some spokes so I have an excuse to get a new set of moto wheels!

I'll include some photos below along with videos soon and if anyone has any questions just fire away. Great community and I feel fortunate to be a part of it.

Hey congrats on that bike. Really great concept!.....I'm in SCV also so I'll be looking out for you. I'm currently working on a Qulbix Raptor with a mid drive.

Hey Tikivic, Raptor with a Mid Drive sounds like fun! Good to have another local Ebiker here. You have a build thread? I would love to see how it's coming along. Thanks for the note!

Recumpence is doing the exact same thing, might be a great thread for ideas. He's one of those guys that can build anything. Thread here > https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=82936

How is the cop situation where you live? Thats a really nice looking build, but it looks like a ticket magnet to me on a bike path. Do you switch tires for off road?

My build page is:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80381

I have seen what Recumbence is working on.....it's way more elaborate than what I am doing. I'm basically just throwing a Cyclone on a Raptor (does require fabbing a mount system since this kit was never intended for a box frame like the Raptor has).

E-geezer said:
How is the cop situation where you live? Thats a really nice looking build, but it looks like a ticket magnet to me on a bike path. Do you switch tires for off road?

Thanks Geezer, no issues yet on the bike paths but I take it pretty easy when I see other bikers, joggers, Moms Ect. Slow down and fake pedal as a habit all the time and make a good show of it. I realize all it takes one ONE cranky Mom to make the call and fun time is over.

Yes I have a set of off road tires and I'm having one of the guys in the forum build a set of moped wheels right now so I'll be able to swap out between street days and dirt days. I'm already thinking I need 2 bikes in the stable. One strictly on road and one off!

tikivic said:
My build page is:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80381

I have seen what Recumbence is working on.....it's way more elaborate than what I am doing. I'm basically just throwing a Cyclone on a Raptor (does require fabbing a mount system since this kit was never intended for a box frame like the Raptor has).

Hey Tik, you aren't messing around are you? That's some really nice work your doing there! I may need to come borrow your garage :)

Yeah when I get it running we should get together and compare. I was actually thinking of getting a gas Motoped one day, they really are a cool bike. I would probably buy just the frame kit and build it up from there with my own components. I think right now they have a long waiting list.

tikivic said:
Yeah when I get it running we should get together and compare. I was actually thinking of getting a gas Motoped one day, they really are a cool bike. I would probably buy just the frame kit and build it up from there with my own components. I think right now they have a long waiting list.

Sounds great, I look forward to it. The Motopeds always seem to be on back-order. I would love to see an aluminum frame for the Motoped, that would be popular for the E-bike community and look great as well.

I like your bike and thought I would post my HPC typhoon. Got mine in 2018 after building several other ebikes. This one is an 8000 watt which is awesome. The guys at HPC dis some tuning to the controller to make it accelerate quicker. I installed a 19" moto rear rim and 3.25" dirt bike knobby, I really recommend this upgrade. I changed the shrouds to KLX 110 which I think looks better and gives you more to clamp n to with your knees. Added a 90 volt headlight from eBay and a 90 volt tail light from ebikes.ca. Got a high rise seat and installed 3" high rise handlebars which makes the riding position much better in my opinion. It's a great bikr.

Back