Offer to range test E-Bike kits in the Pyrenees France

Biggsy

100 mW
Hi All,
I hope that this would be of interest to a retailer or manufacturer.

I've been using a cheap generic E-bike conversion kit for about a year now (48V rear hub drive and 13ah battery)
I am really interested to regularly ride the most extreme possible distance out of a kit for the pleasure of a long ride. I've been using the kit on both mountain bike and road bike, though mostly using minimal power and putting in as much effort as I would on a regular bike.

I was surprised to read early on in my experience that many people would only get 30km out of my kit, because my first rides were around 100km. My longest ride so far in a day was 250km, with a 3 hour charge over a long lunch.

I am offering to test equipment and provide some detailed data, which might be of interest in promoting a product.

The video below of my 150km ride near the Alps is an example of an interesting data which could be provided.
Or a Strava link like the 250km effort.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1924878851

https://www.strava.com/activities/1869817513

Anyway, I'd love to try new kit, and where I live, Pau in the Pyrenees France has some opportunities to test E bike stuff to its best.

Let me know if I can help.

Biggsy said:
I was surprised to read early on in my experience that many people would only get 30km out of my kit, because my first rides were around 100km.

Most poeple probably are not pedalling much, if at all, so they only get the range the battery gives them.

That's true!
Its really interesting though, that although the Ebike trend at the moment is interesting for people who wouldn't normally cycle, I think there is space to convert hundreds of thousands of committed cyclists who might be interested in another bike, which provides a different experience. Most competitive and sportive cyclists spend a few thousand dollars on their favorite bike, but are too proud to understand that an Ebike can do serious sport as well. My conversion kit is cheaper than one carbon wheel of my race bike, but its quickly becoming my favorite bike. There's definitely a large group of people who could do with seeing that Ebikes have got a space in their collection! (N +1)

Sure,
and I would also be happy to test ebike systems in the sonoran desert. Will provide all data requested about range speed and ability.
some sarcasm is included in this post but the offer is valed.

I would also be happy to test ebike systems in the sonoran desert.

I guess a key difference is that the winner of the Tour de France is frequently decided in my neighborhood. Thats the main reason I mention location. There's a huge untapped market in getting regular road bike enthusiasts to at least put one pedalelec in their bike collection. In many cases it'd be the cheapest bike they own. I also think heart rate data is important to link in too, to prove, particularly to committed cyclists that although a different experience, the E-bike can provide serious sporting effort.

The idea of demonstrating a possibility to beat Lance Armstrong's time over the Col Tourmalet, should appeal to many cyclists, particularly given that he also admitted to having some help.

PLease, what kit do you use, and what is the final bike weight :?: :!:

Hi Thierry,
The bike is nothing special.
Planet X london road, aluminium cyclocross frame, drop bar set up with sram road hydraulic disc.
Comfortable enough to ride for a sustained duration in a road racing type position.
Setting PAS to level 1 (around 150w), low speed limit of 30-35kmph cuts the motor out when its not needed.
Its a heavy bike in the end, too much for my electronic bike scale, but it goes faster than my 6kg carbon road bike!

Back