Where should I connect by Solar charge controller A or b?

friends,

shall I connect to the beginning of my battery string or to the end ? A or B from the attached picture?

My concern , if I connect to B , the inverter may ask for solar.JPGenergy directly from the solar charge controller forcing above his capacity and burning something. The good think is the shunt should be able to detect amps going in and provide me with that number.

If I connect to A, then no problems inverter should suck energy from batteries first , but I would not have the shunt to count ingress power right?

From what I remember installing my system.

The controller is outputting at a slightly higher college than your batteries and so will provide the entire load, whether from the inverter or charging the battery, as long as there is enough solar energy to do so. I assume you specced the controller to be able to handle all the solar energy available.

The problem with your diagram is that some of the batteries are father away from the load/charger than others. This distance translates into increased resistance, causing more energy to come from the close batteries, and those to wear out faster. This may be a problem if you cycle the batteries often (off gets setups for instance).

The ideal way is to connect all the battery terminals with the same length of wire to a central point and connect the inverter and charger to that point as well.

The simple method is connect the inverter and charger to A- and B+ on your drawing.

If you are going to use a shunt, always mount it as close to battery (-) as possible. Other instruments might need a 0 volt reference, and you don't want to get that messed up.

Hah, you really ask that on a forum? MY advice is you better ask an electrician and don't connect that by yourself. Personally, every time when I have to repair something related to electricity I hire a professional from Bates Electric Miami , they know their work. You can call me lazy, I will call myself a careful person. Don't judge me wrong this is strictly my advice and nothing else, don't do that if you don't want to, you can do how you want.

Back