Why charge controller didnt stop

Values set 28vdc
Lcd shows 28.1
Fluke and Active balancer shows higher voltage
Why?
https://youtu.be/v8UzkX0mP-A

Not sure how that model is supposed to connect, but on a similar one I had, there was an "alarm" output line you have to wire to a relay to cut the power when the limit is reached. The documentation with those is sometimes lacking.

I was expecting it to finish at 28v not to continue over charging i will change to custom battery and validate

I don't see any "active balancers" only MPPT SCs

And v117 is a firmware version of their SCs not a model#.

At least one of us is very confused.

OK watched the vdo.

Yes that is a solar controller, probably not a very good one.

28V should be where it starts holding the CV voltage setpoint, so not accurate.

But that is not a termination voltage, probable has a minimum CV / Absorb Hold Time AHT.

The balancing is being done by what BMS?

Not likely to be "active" either.

You should set the BMS cell/group level LVC to control a relay / contactor to isolate the bank from the charger,

if you want current to continue to feed loads and charge another battery

or, if you only have one bank to charge, the contactor should cut off the panel input to the SC.

The start-balance setpoint should be set well below where you want that to happen.

And finally, lower the SC profile until it stops charging before the BMS LVC kicks in.

As to your actual question, one of your meters is more accurate than the rest. Ideally calibrate that from a known-good voltage reference source.

Also calibrate the rest as well as possible

but use the best one as your reference point in adjusting the others, ignore the actual readout numbers on the rest if they continue to be inaccurate.

Ithanks

I was under the idea the charge controller would stop charging by itself without needing an external relay.

I hsve another setup lead acid with tracer 40 amps and battery doesnt overcharge 14.5 volts

Tracer stops i will lower the voltage and test goid idea!

I saw by default this makebluesky has 29v when delecting lition.

porrascarlos80 said:
I was under the idea the charge controller would stop charging by itself without needing an external relay.
Yes it should and I bet it will.

Follow my instructions carefully, and you will see the BMS works just as a backup for when the SC fails. Which is its job.

Also please answer our questions, provide links etc.

he is the link for the same charge controller I am using
https://syonyk.blogspot.com/2018/05/whats-difference-between-150-and-600.html

Victron SmartSolar better value IMO, excellent build quality, total adjustability, very flexible offerings starting at ~$120 delivered, the 75/15 can handle 240-280W panelage or more at 12V, double that at nominal 24V.

In this case advantage would be better accuracy, and a five-year warranty.

Back