Can an Off Grid Solar Inverter be powered by batteries in the PV input?

Yuri..

1 µW
Without going into much details what I'm thinking about doing to avoid unnecessary details I'm looking to find out if this would work
1) There will be no solar power at all.
2) Instead of the inverter being powered by the solar panels I would power it using a 200V battery setup, wiring it to the PV input.
3) The inverter doesn't have to charge the battery at all, this would be done by other means.
4) The only function of the solar inverter would to work purely as a DC-AC inverter, nothing more. I need one for such a high voltage setup and nothing in the market at comparable cost appears to exist. And I don't want to use a step-down dc-dc to use regular inverters, this would add cost and inefficiency.

Would this work? I'm interested in getting a 5.5kW inverter and they seem to accept this voltage range just fine, most I found say this about MPPT input voltage
1yIlLB1.png

So 200v should work fine.
I'm also making sure the specific model can be powered with no batteries (some offgrid models require power from the battery bank they are supposed to have).

Anything I'm missing out here or it would just simply work fine?

I don't see why it would not work.

I would test it using a low amperage fuse inline(1-5 amps?), be aware the inrush current to charge the input capacitors may pop a low amperage fuse, you could work around that with a pre-charge resistor.

Once you are satisfied with testing, replace the low amp fuse with whatever the manufacturer recommends for the solar input.

Back