Grills for Brisket

Hillhater

100 TW
Sydney ..(Hilly part !) .. Australia/ Down under !
Smoking is not just about flavor. The smoke chemically reacts with the fats in the meat/fish/ other to tenderise the fibers.
Time is also a key factor together with temperature control ( “Low and Slow”)
A meat thermometer is very useful.
Personally, i would say yes, you need to smoke over charcoal or pure wood heat, but Catch up on some of the “smoker/grill” forums.

The bark of the meat from the spice rub and smoke is very important, I have only eaten at a few bbq joint but I cant compare to the original gangsters of the deep south. I used to like my meat well done but I prefer medium well now its always been hard for me to cook meat right, cooking it plain and adding gobs of hp sauce or bbq sauce. My brother used to have the green egg for cooking meats he is the real chef connoisseur of the family.

Hillhater said:
Smoking is not just about flavor. The smoke chemically reacts with the fats in the meat/fish/ other to tenderise the fibers.
Time is also a key factor together with temperature control ( “Low and Slow”)
A meat thermometer is very useful.
Personally, i would say yes, you need to smoke over charcoal or pure wood heat, but Catch up on some of the “smoker/grill” forums.

I don't see another thread that this would've been part of; my guess is that the thread starter was a spammer and when they were banned and their spamposts removed, it left this headless thread. Happens a lot, because the spammers just won't stop spamming us.

If you know which thread this was a part of, we can try to copy other relevant posts from that to here.

Back