The Power of water,

Greendog

100 W
H20, The great life giver, our most underrated nutrient,
Are you thirsty now? Expect a lot would say yes,
i-heart-water.jpg
Most of us Ebikers and other mechanically minded on :es: ES love to maintain and tune things,
So try this easy tip for getting more power ,range and longevity from our body's,
You need to drink 2 litres of water during the day, as recommnded ,no wonder most people are dehydrated,
as it takes being pro active to do this but benefits are many and immediate ,shutterstock-566785849.jpg
Up to 25% more energy
Essential for focus,
brain function, and memory also mental health and endorphins,
better synapses so less prone to mistakes
Contributes to homeostasis lowering anxiety,
stress and anger
Speeds up metabolism, helps weight loss,
And reduces need for food
Aids digestion and uptake of nutrients,
Clears toxins keeping kidneys and liver happy, so if you have the privilege of water,
treat your self you've earnt it :banana: :D
Peace :mrgreen:

I drink tap water from the city. Full of lime and all the chemicals that the city puts in it. Started mixing 50/50 with distilled water, to cut the chemicals in half before drinking it.

Any thoughts on this, it taste great.

I to drank water from the tap majority of my life
,nothing wrong with me (scratches head hair falls out) :confused: better than nothing I suppose
didn't have money for soft drinks but that probably for the best, as I still have good teeth (maybe cos all the fluoride in the water :wink:)
I'm not totally against the chlorine and fluoride in water as I believe it stops things breeding in the water(I maybe wrong) till it gets to our tap, but ideally it should be run through a purifier I managed to find a relatively cheap 1micron one removes pretty much everything ,
but still some cost ( prob cheaper than distilling in long run) mineral water even better supposedly doesnt leach minerals from your body but that could get expensive , good water truly is a privilege, but even then chemicals from plastic bottles can get into the water ,phew no wonder people get paranoid , stay healthy , stay happy :mrgreen:

ZeroEm said:
I drink tap water from the city. Full of lime and all the chemicals that the city puts in it. Started mixing 50/50 with distilled water, to cut the chemicals in half before drinking it.

Tap water meets applicable standards for purity. Bottled water meets the same standards. Some bottled water is in fact tap water.

Now that we Texans are in the extreme perspiration season, I find the best water is whatever is close at hand. Almost always tap water; I'm not crazy about making useless garbage in the process of doing something I have to do many times per day.

Water taste is what motivated me get a purifier to, water company said leave it for while as it let's chlorine evaporate,
Was wondering if any of the ES legends ( chalo ) :wink: would post on any of my topics, was hoping be something more bike related though like , are 8 speed steel chains and cassettes best for bbshd, or are 7 speed freewheels perfectly adequate for high power DD motors :lol: like hear you comments on my bikes :mrgreen: funny how quick topic turned from benefits of being hydrated to tap water quality :roll: :D

I make sure here in hot, humid Texas that my water balder is full before checking the air in my tyres. I don't buy bottle water, some of it is tap water and my tap works fine. Water is as important as the rest of my trike. Good tasting water is a +.

Appologies for going OT ,but your both from Texas so you probably know what I'm talking about when I say Texas mile , :mrgreen: coolest battery powered thing ever,

Zombie 222 Converted '68 Electric Mustang Hits 174.2 MPH At Texas Milezombie-222-converted-68-electric-mustang-hits-174-2-mph-at-texas-mile.jpg83672763ff7c993d67fd358e7ac3eedc.jpg1bbd1d347aff82b2fdc47016a5ab16eb.jpg . 1400hp :bolt: 8)

The main question you need to ask is did the owner buy or build it himself?
I am never impressed with someones spending ability, but I am impressed with someones building ability.
Sure one guy can't do it all, like paint is a specialty and body work is a real dirty job and who wants to do that for hours on end block sanding breathing in foreign particles into your body. Same goes for rebuilding transimissions and diffs to a certain extent.

If it ran on water then your post wouldn't be off topic.
But aint it funny how a liter of water costs more then a liter of gasoline at the pump. Well maybe not now, because here gas is $1.35/liter but most 1L bottles at the store are $2.50+, but if you can find 500ml of water for $0.50 plus bottle deposit of $0.10, plus an enviromental fee of ten cents or so, I always thought that was a fee for the cost of chilling it. Costco has some cheap water, so does Walmart, works out to between $0.50-$0.60/500ml bottle.

He who controls the water in the future, has the power.

See how you can always bring something back on topic.

Greendog said:
Appologies for going OT ,but your both from Texas so you probably know what I'm talking about when I say Texas mile , :mrgreen: coolest battery powered thing ever,

Zombie 222 Converted '68 Electric Mustang Hits 174.2 MPH At Texas Milezombie-222-converted-68-electric-mustang-hits-174-2-mph-at-texas-mile.jpg83672763ff7c993d67fd358e7ac3eedc.jpg1bbd1d347aff82b2fdc47016a5ab16eb.jpg . 1400hp :bolt: 8)

Totally agree with you on subject of water being of great importance in the future and can invisige huge solar powered de salination plants on the coasts pumping water inland twinned with water processing plants so non of our waste water is wasted, 8) think any post that is related to the health of our planet is worthy of being in the health and food section as the two subjects so intrinsically linked, (so kinda staying OT) breaks my heart see all the rubbish in rivers and sea (Texas has a problem with river pollution worst in US) is good see inventers innovative ways of upcyling our rubbish I have a great sweatshirt made recycled materials, its surprisingly soft (oops OT again :) ) this dude built himself an island from bottles,8b85d854b0aee84b4efaab1467.jpga7c2a256c5bfafac93683f2cb6.jpg
The mustang zombie 222 obviously had fair few dollars spent but still cheaper and more powerful than a lambo and no emissions , owner Mitch is a mechanic, very hands on with the development of this car and drove this himself over 170 mph so kudos to him,
I used to be a mechanic so know what you mean about those dirty jobs, and if you look at my last bike im no stranger to the pleasures of dust and paint fumes, and honestly if had the money would probably pay someone else do it :? Working on ebikes is absolute pleasure in comparison with cars, and with high gas prices mine paid for itself in a year,
On the subject of water powered cars Stanley Meyers built one a while ago some say was a fraud others say he was assassinated by the petro industry after his suspicion death in 1998 stan_meyer-768x432.jpghttps://www.gaia.com/article/the-mysterious-death-of-stanley-meyer-and-his-water-powered-car,
I think its fine stray off topic as long as is its in the interest of post being stimulating or funny , helps keep the balance of all the great stuff on :es: ES and the posts that are a bit negative or pointless :roll: :mrgreen:

"F,,, a bank I need a twenty year water tank". Mos Def :wink:

Texas has a problem with pollution. We call it deregulation. I worry about recycled gray water from cities from the pills dumped into it. Do filters filter the chemicals out?

Yes had forgotten about medications making into drinking water ,and in London some of the tap water is processed grey water :| so good question , runs off to check specs on water purifier :lol:

They can't get the prescription drugs out of the fecal matter flushed down the toilet, or spat into the sink drain.
More and more people are on prescription drugs, some very strong, others mild and new drugs being put out every year.
What waste-water systems are various municipalities using, who wants to live down stream from a major city, yet swim in the river or let their animals in there. I think about that a lot when I am out riding along the river and fishing.

New news story today: Canadian Feds are upping (tripling) the toxins allowed on food product, you know the makers of Roundup.

Then theres all that fertilizer and pesticides that get washed into the watershed.

ZeroEm said:
Texas has a problem with pollution. We call it deregulation. I worry about recycled gray water from cities from the pills dumped into it. Do filters filter the chemicals out?

Unused drugs should be returned. There is no place here to return them. Dates are setup then canceled. They don't eat them and poop them out. The bottles are opened up and dumped and flushed. San Antonio then recycles the water and is dumped into the San Antonio river for the tourist to look at. San Antonio is building a second river walk. If they used this water for drinking I would need to make my own from distilled.

Well can only wish cali rain :es: didnt know was getting that drastic, Technology will enslave us or be our saviour its our choice 8)
on a lighter note MIT just doubled the efficiency of there Ultrahigh-efficiency desalination via a thermally-localized multistage solar still†MIT-Water-Harvester-01-PRESS_0.jpg can get water from the air toGet.gif 9 million if can build a good one from the doe 0d5362f0-6244-11ea-ba30-a0369f35f6fa-700x393.png :banana:
The sahara project5016.jpg

I live in an area where our main source of water is mountain runoff, but rain captures a lot of the pollution here.
Anything that water runs through gets destroyed eventually due to mineral and chemical deposits. Piping, ice makers, coffee makers, humidifiers, you name it.

The local govt would say this is all due to 'hard water'. But when i inspect these failed water using devices, i see all sorts of various colors of deposits. These colors shift pretty dramatically throughout the year. Many colors are not consistent with what they say these mineral deposits mostly are.

I also strongly object to the use of flouride in any water supplies because of flouride's bioaccumulation problem.
In addition, most tap water supplies do not filter out things like pesticide, hormones, and drug residues, because they say it is too expensive. So if you live in a city of any appreciable size, you're drinking that.

So.. I only drink tap water if it's gone through extensive filtration.

We had bit of a disaster in south UK in town called camelford the water company was adding I think aluminium sulphide to the water to change its colour from naturally slightly brown taint to blue was legit they allowed to but tanker driver added 3000 times amount should have, made people very ill with long lasting effects such as memory loss and psychological issues , so another reason to purify before drinking just got a carbon filter for shower to goes between shower tube and head only about 20usd my kitchen one was 80usd so both well worth it :banana: :wink:

Yikes, oral aluminum tends to accumulate in the spine and brain because macrophages carry it there. Hence the neurological problems.
That's horrifying that they're using it to color impure water.

Back