Query regardingEm3ev

juz63

100 µW
Hi folks, I've been a lurker for a couple of months.I was just about to launch into buying my Mac 10 kit from Em3ev, but was a few days too late. They appear to have sold out of all 10T's in both cassette and freewheel in 1500 and 2000 W. I have also noticed as I've been watching their site, that they don't appear to be replenishing stock when they run out of things for the kits. Does anyone know whether their is a ramping down/sell off /difficulty getting new stock? Basically, will I be able to get what I want from them if I wait? Or should I start looking elsewhere? TIA for any answers. Cheers Justin.

Hi folks, I've been a lurker for a couple of months.I was just about to launch into buying my Mac 10 kit from Em3ev, but was a few days too late. They appear to have sold out of all 10T's in both cassette and freewheel in 1500 and 2000 W. I have also noticed as I've been watching their site, that they don't appear to be replenishing stock when they run out of things for the kits. Does anyone know whether their is a ramping down/sell off /difficulty getting new stock? Basically, will I be able to get what I want from them if I wait? Or should I start looking elsewhere? TIA for any answers. Cheers Justin.

My first recommendation is to read the replies people have already made to you before posting the exact same thing again. :(

My second recommendation is, whenever you have a question like this, to ask the vendor in question, because they are the only people that can answer such a question.

Dear Amberwolf, my apologies, I got home from visiting a riend whose husband just died. I saw the exact page I "thought" I had posted allready from, but it looked like it hadn't sent. As I have explained, this is my first post, and as such I'm not as au fait with the system as you might expect me to be. In my present state of mind, I made a mistake and posted the question a second time. But, go ahead, bite my head off....twice!
Thanks for your reply, and have a fantastic day!!!

Oh, and just to be clear, the reason I didn't approach the company first, is that when I sent them an email 3 months ago asking for information about their kits, I received no reply. It didn't make me feel confidentbof getting a reply this time. Thanks for asking though.

Thanks to Marty and John for your answers. I guessed it was probably supply issues, but thought someone else might know if they were moving out of Mac, sorry for my terse reply, it was not aimed at you Marty, but as I explained, the lack of reply to my first query email to the company, made me less than confident that a direct approach would yeild any answer. Thanks again for your Friendly replies. Cheers, juz

juz63 said:
Dear Amberwolf, my apologies, I got home from visiting a riend whose husband just died. I saw the exact page I "thought" I had posted allready from, but it looked like it hadn't sent. As I have explained, this is my first post, and as such I'm not as au fait with the system as you might expect me to be. In my present state of mind, I made a mistake and posted the question a second time. But, go ahead, bite my head off....twice!
Thanks for your reply, and have a fantastic day!!!

Sorry if it read like that--wasn't intended to. We get a lot of first-posters that come here and ask questions that no one but the place they're talking about (not us) can answer, and when they dont' get the answer they want, they just impatiently repost the same thing again (sometimes in the same thread, sometimes starting one or more new threads for the exact same thing. And hardly ever do they even come back to read the answers they do get (if they read them, they don't respond, even if the answer to their question requires they answer questions in turn to be able to help). It's pretty tiring after so many years of it.

But as far as your actual question goes, really, there isn't anyone that can answer your question besides EM3EV--they are the only ones that know why they do whatever it is they do, and when they will get new stuff. :(

We can only guess.

Also, since you didn't tell us you already asked them anything, we have no way of knowing if you've even tried (many people do not--they ask someone else that can't possibly know, first).

amberwolf said:
juz63 said:
Thanks for your apology Amberwolf, I'll take it as read that you didn't mean to snap at me.
A few things though, if you treat all newcomers like they are immediately out to frustrate you, that they are lazy and won't even try, pretty soon there'll be NO newcomers.
I suspect that this might be a favoured position of some on the forum who feel proprietary about it, having been here so long.
I realize also that having dolts like myself with very little knowledge must be tiresome for those who have been doing this stuff for YEARS, however, I thought this is part of what a forum was for, so that those with knowledge can help out others without knowledge but who are keen, to join in the fun and expand the circle.
Also, I disagree that "no one could possibly know" this information. In the reading I've done so far on the forum, the scene looks pretty small, or at least the "In crowd", and a lot of folk do seem to know things that might otherwise not be expected.
I, and others are not to know if people on the forum know or don't know things (this is why we ask) as they may know/be in contact with/ or even be a part of the company in question. I'm not asking for insider trading information, nor am I asking for industrial secrets. Information of this sort may or may not be shared by the company with those who frequent their services etc.
It just seemed to me, that I may be able, if I ask, to save myself waiting around a long time, only to find out that I can't get what I want here.
No one knows - fantastic, I have my answer, but I hear an assumption that, just because you don't know, nobody else possibly could perhaps this assumption is correct, perhaps not.
I will and always thought I would try to contact Em3 once again, but as I have said, my first attempt at gathering information on a $2000 odd sale was ignored, I won't assume that an answer to any other question will be treated any differently.
On the point of whether I had tried to contact Em3 or not, again, you've assumed that just because others haven't tried to, that I won't either. Once again, I believe that making negative assumptions about people based on what others do is a surefire way to alienate anyone who takes the time and effort to ask a question, and will drive otherwise friendly and motivated folk away.
Anyway, enough! I've said my piece, now I will try to contact Em3, otherwise, it's back to waiting and watching the Em3 site, as slow as it is, and continuously opening the sales page and checking on the availability of stock.
Happily go to Ebikes ca but the Australian dollar is so crap against the greenback, that I end up spending an enormous amount more again, not a problem if I could afford it, but I can't.

Thanks for your apology Amberwolf. Maybe this sounds patronizing, I hope not, it's not meant that way, but I'm a little in awe of your ability for listening to other people's point of view. Many folk are less than able to listen, much less hear what others say, myself included, at times. I look forward to "seeing" you around the forum, and hope we can share some enjoyment and good info, Cheers, Juz

Back