Shipping cost from BMS Battery, Something ODD

Ltc433

10 W
Hi

I ordered a Q100C motor from BMS battery. The cost breakdown is:

Q100C - £71.22 ex vat
Shipping £42.62 ex Vat

total £113.84.
I then got a call from DHL saying it would be £24 in customs charges. Also that its coming from Bahrain and not china.
Now I thought this was odd as it was a bit high. I ordered from PSW power and they handled customs charges.

So I added pair of torque arms (£11.37) and the shipping cost was £35 alone.... So I tried it again and now the shipping cost is £18.37 for a torque arm.. Something is not right here surely? Why are the shipping costs so high? Has anyone else had the same experience?

Edit: Also it hasn't even been picked up yet from Bahrain as I checked with DHL.
Edit 2: Green Bike kit have Q100's without customs charges for the EU.
thanks

You're dealing with BMS Battery. If extra shipping and customs is your only problem, you got lucky.

You are right. Even BMS battery doesn't know why its coming from Bahrain. ..... I will update when I find out what is going on.

Are there any EU sellers of the CUTE Q100 CST? In 32 hole?

Edit: They have said it's their shipping company but not why it's coming from Bahrain and not China.
Edit 2: "Yes, the sender is our shipping company, that is right.
And if you received the message from DHL that mean your package was arrival at your local custom, it need you pay for custom tax to clearance it.
I believe this is not the first time you import goods, you should be aware of the import process in your country."
Edit 3: It has NOT EVEN BEEN PICKED UP and I was charged customs on it. "

Getting worse thus far.

With BMS Battery, based on some threads around here, you can be lucky to get what you order (and not some other random version), regardless of cost / extra charges, delays, etc.

Sorry I don't have anything actually helpful since you've already ordered from them, though. :(

Not to scare you off, but this is starting to sound like a nightmare.

How can you pay customs before it was even picked up?

Exactly my point.So after investigating this:

They were helpful in adding torque arms to the original order. That went fine.
Placed order on the 15th, 17th added torque arms, 19th asked about tracking number, 21st got tracking number.
Was contacted about Duty on the items and asked to pay. I did so on the 22nd.
Today 24th. no change in the shipping, has not been picked up, checked with DHL.

BAHRAIN - MANAMA - BAHRAIN

I have asked to cancel the order, made a paypal dispute, refunded the customs charge .

No communication from BMS battery so far.

PSW power
Placed order 15th, Responded to questions quickly on 16-17th, 17th items shipped with tracking from China, 21st received item. They dont have stock for the motor or I would have ordered from them.

No response from the 23rd asking BMSbattery to cancel the order.
Received a new DHL tracking number today from them. Still in Bahrain.
Asked them to cancel it again today, 25th.

Just got this message:

The seller sent this message
"Okay, i will cancel your order, and return the money to you.

But my boss is on business trip now, so the money need refund you next week.

And before this is close the paypal dispute, because the payment is returned by the original channel, if the dispute is not closed, the payment will be frozen and the refund cannot be completed."

Hmmmm I have asked if they are asking me to close the paypal dispute before the refund.

Wow

All, DO NOT USE BMS BATTERY. If you close the paypal dispute you have no protection and cannot open it again.

25 Oct 10.16
"Yes, you need close the paypal dispute, and will arrange to refund the money to you, but the money will return to you next week."

Do NOT ever close the paypal dispute until after you have received the refund and it has been cleared.

I used www.pswpower.com/ and they were great. Got everything within a week. Communicated throughout.

Ok Update to this case

Paypal advised me that a current fraud is that the seller will continue to send the "shipment". However they don't actually send anything except a letter saying its out of stock. The reason they do this is the seller can then show the tracking information to paypal to show the "item" was sent. Paypal are fully aware of this scam.

Paypal have escalated the claim and informed me of this scam. Paypal then contacted BMS Battery for further information about non receipt of the item. A day later, after being informed by BMS battery the order was cancelled, the item is now apparently being shipped. I've been advised by DHL to just refuse it.
Edit:
Just refused it. It wasn't a letter, however the shipment should have been cancelled. It only proceeded once paypal asked them for proof of shipment.

28th Today - "WE was cancel your order, and will return the money to you two days later.
Pls close the paypal dispute."

Securityguy said:
Any good alternatives to bms?

Not if you want a !00H. I think they are the only seller, but you can get a Bafang G310 somewhere else, which is similar.

I've not ordered from them since early 2018, but have made a number of orders to the USA, including five motors (three Q100's, each in a separate order, and never had a problem.

I bet you've had no problems because you did not stir things up. If you let it be, and dont throw anything into their process, then there is nothing to worry about. Just click buy and do nothing else.
That is my ASSumption of BMSBattery.

docw009 said:
Not if you want a !00H. I think they are the only seller, but you can get a Bafang G310 somewhere else, which is similar.

I've not ordered from them since early 2018, but have made a number of orders to the USA, including five motors (three Q100's, each in a separate order, and never had a problem.

Also, so far there's no import tax in the US like there is in the UK. And in spite of the US trade war with China, tariffs haven't been applied to the consumer buying one or two items off the internet. Shipping on my earlier orders was around two weeks, after payment cleared.

To stay on topic, shipping charges from BMS Battery have always been odd, Buy a motor for $80. Get charged $40 shipping (which does make sense). Still meets price target. But add a small $10 item and sometimes shipping goes up $6-8. They also don't sell a combo 36V/48V S06 controller, so I got my KT controllers from PSWpower.

Even odder is Cyclone in Tawain, where it would be $12 for spokes and $12 for s/h.
Add a widget for $18.20 now your total is $30.20 + $30.20 for s/h.
Sometimes the built in calculator will stumble, and it would be like $120 s/h for $50 in parts, and no that widget would be something small and lightweight, not like a motor which would make sense.

docw009 said:
Also, so far there's no import tax in the US like there is in the UK. And in spite of the US trade war with China, tariffs haven't been applied to the consumer buying one or two items off the internet. Shipping on my earlier orders was around two weeks, after payment cleared.

To stay on topic, shipping charges from BMS Battery have always been odd, Buy a motor for $80. Get charged $40 shipping (which does make sense). Still meets price target. But add a small $10 item and sometimes shipping goes up $6-8. They also don't sell a combo 36V/48V S06 controller, so I got my KT controllers from PSWpower.

markz said:
I bet you've had no problems because you did not stir things up. If you let it be, and dont throw anything into their process, then there is nothing to worry about. Just click buy and do nothing else.
That is my ASSumption of BMSBattery."

The shipment was never picked up by DHL. They then changed it to another shipment. That was never picked up by DHL. So I asked where it was. It should have been shipped days earlier. So I asked for a refund. They said fine, you have to wait until next week. They also asked me to cancel the papal dispute, which you should never do. They never responded to any paypal requests for communication. When paypal escalated the dispute, BMS battery confirmed they would refund but have now posted the item. Paypal informed me they do this to show the item was sent to try and cancel the case. They could have cancelled the delivery with paypal since the 21st. They didn't even after I sent them multiple emails asking them to cancel it and they confirming they are cancelling it. Still no refund.

All BMSbattery had to do was, refund. The shipments were never picked up. Instead they posted the second shipment and confirmed me with today they cancelled it.... ???

I didn't throw anything into their process, am not the only one having problems with BMS battery and this is not how you run a business. For comparison. I placed the same order with Green Bike Kit by mistake (wrong number of holes) they refunded me within the day. PSWpower contacted me yesterday saying they had the order in stock.

All the others have been responsive, contacted me multiple times, and refunded things without issue.

docw009 said:
Securityguy said:
Any good alternatives to bms?

Q100H

Ltc433 said:
Q100H
http://www.topbikekit.com/akm100h-36v350w-ebike-front-driving-hub-motor-p-677.html
http://www.topbikekit.com/akm100h-36v350w-ebike-rear-driving-hub-motor-p-679.html

Wow. I didn't know that. Someone at BMS must have walked across the street and started his own shop, with a better website. Quite the thing to do in China.

Further update, this was the last status:

"28th Today - "WE was cancel your order, and will return the money to you two days later.
Pls close the paypal dispute."

30th, Still no refund and just got an email asking me if the delivery went ok and how much the customs fees were.
BMS Battery have not communicated with paypal or responded to any of their emails. I wrote back saying they already agreed to cancel the order and it should never have been sent.

Edit:

They just wrote back stating they tried to stop the package (However DHL confirmed they had no contact from anyone except me) and that the return cost to them is high, also that it is better for both of us and if I would like to sign for the package. I said no.

Edit 2:

Was told that I would be refunded this week, within 2 days. Now 4 days still no refund. Received another email asking me to close the paypal dispute. Also that I will receive the refund in 2 days.

So I finally got an answer as to why they aren't refunding:

1 Nov - "Because you have controversy, this payment has been frozen and we have no way to arrange a refund."

Another email, "We are refunding via PayPal, but since you opened the PayPal dispute, the money is currently frozen and we cannot refund this payment."

Paypal has informed me the merchant just needs to go to the resolution centre, accept liability and then they can refund. They can do this at any time.

That isn't true. You just reverse the paypal transaction as a refund.
Just found this message from another user on here from 2017, exactly the same thing happened to me.

"it looks like their customer service is going down back to how it was in 2011 when this sort of thing was fairly common. I spoke with them about it a couple of times when I was in Shanghai, where they seemed to be concerned and making a genuine effort to solve it. Their service wasn't too bad round about 2014 but has definitely gone down since.

Anyway, I escalated the Paypal dispute, and mysteriously, I got an email today telling me that the order is shipped and another one asking why I raised a Paypal dispute! The tracking number they gave me shows that the shipping company doesn't have the package yet, though that might be because that's the UK company tracking, which doesn't start until customs clearance."

The End

They have not responded to paypal, at all. The claim will be ruled in my favour on 4 Nov.
Since the 25 Oct:
1 Nov - "We are refunding via PayPal, but since you opened the PayPal dispute, the money is currently frozen and we cannot refund this payment." Lie
"All you do is: The merchant just needs to go to the resolution centre, accept liability and then they can refund. They can do this at any time."

4 Nov - "If unfortunately ,you don't need this parcel any more,we will refund money to you,but now the order is in dispute,we are disable to refund money to you,Would you like to close the dispute?I promise we can returned money to you in one day.
Hope can get your understanding."

Me: "The merchant just needs to go to the resolution centre, accept liability and then they can refund. They can do this at any time. You can refund this at any time. Stop trying to get me to close the dispute. I will get the money back today anyway. "

20 minutes later Paypal rules the case in my favour as the seller did not contact them.
"Because we were unable to obtain additional information from 广州谐同电子科技有限公司, this claim has been decided in your favour and you've received a refund "

Back