Best and Worst Ebike companies customer service

Prajn

1 µW
Hi Everyone,

I want to share with you my experience with Haibike and bikehit.de dealer. I would also be grateful if you would share your experience with other e-bike brands.

I bought Haibike Sduro 26.11.2019 at bikehit.de, and the batter is dead after around 15 charged cycles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8kGJOksrJ0 I started RMA around a month ago and send the battery. Since that, they didn't fix that or replace it. Bikehit also can't give me any update on RMA status. I'm waiting around the month and know nothing...

Is that a standard Habike customer support? I'm very disappointed.

Please share your experience with other ebike companies. I want to buy a second ebike (for sure not Haibike) I'm thinking about Specialized, Trek or Bulls. Can you please share your experiance, what company would you recommend?

Thanks a lot!

Why don't you just a new battery made by someone experienced?

It's like buying a new car just because your gas tank has a leak. It's a little over the top in my opinion.

If you want better support try a bike from a local retailer.

How did you pay for it? If you paid by credit card I would contact the card issuer and see if there is anything they can do for you.

Otherwise I'd be bugging bikehit incessantly until they resolve the issue. Are they local to you or did you order online?

Worst case, as the above poster suggested, you can always have someone build you a new pack, but that may be easier said than done since you've sent the presumably proprietary battery case back to them. Bummer.

Best advice, don't buy anything from China with can-cells inside. Regardless of whether they claim they're name brand cells inside or not, you're playing with fire. Factory seconds at best, but more likely to be outrught counterfeits.

I know a Woman who worked in a bike shop for a while ( 2 of them over a several year period )
She said that Specialized has much better customer service than the other brand bikes they sold.
Now this is in California , so check to see if Specialized has such a good reputation there in Europe .

Note : I do not work for Specialized or even a Bike Shop , I would like to , but at my age only as a part time consultant .
I live not far from Specialized so I get to see the new products regularly , being a bike rider for 5 decades now ,
and working for a couple of bike shops when I was younger I can say that I am very impressed with the Mid and Higher End Specialized Products. Even the 2020 Lower End Roubaix Carbon Road Bike at U.S. $ 2200 is a Great bike , and has more features than other brands bikes near to that price point .

2019 is the year that the Specialized E-Mountain bikes made another jump in technology over the previous years models
so keep that in mind. ( Look on the San Francisco Bay area Craiglist.org for Specialized e-bikes and you will see people who own the 2016-2018 models trying to sell those past generation models , probably so that they can buy the 2019 or 2020 model )

I have noticed that Specialized is a little more expensive than other brands, they are designed I believe in Switzerland so that is part of a slightly higher cost. However when looking at many of the little details the newer Specialized e-bikes have a number of improvements over other brands.

Being Fall time of year with Winter coming soon , there are sure to be some discounts on the 2019 Specialized e-bike models .

Prajn said:
Please share your experience with other ebike companies. I want to buy a second ebike (for sure not Haibike) I'm thinking about Specialized, Trek or Bulls. Can you please share your experiance, what company would you recommend?

Thanks a lot!

I suspect the initial customer service would be much better, considering the bikes sell for nearly ten grand. I also suspect you'd get roughly zero accommodation after the warranty period ends. If you're lucky they might sell you a replacement battery pack at double what it should cost. Smoke a built-in controller on the other hand, and you might find yourself pedaling a weight weenies night terror.

Prajn said:
I want to share with you my experience with Haibike and bikehit.de dealer. I would also be grateful if you would share your experience with other e-bike brands.

I started RMA around a month ago and send the battery. Since that, they didn't fix that or replace it. Bikehit also can't give me any update on RMA status. I'm waiting around the month and know nothing...

Is that a standard Habike customer support? I'm very disappointed.

I'm having a hard time understanding where the ball was dropped, but your post seems to indicate it's that Haibike with the customer support issue.
So I'm guessing that you have additional info that leads you to believe the vendor (bikehit) is not culpable; anything you can share about the vendor?

I have had very good service from Rad Power Bikes during my ownership of a Rad Rover and then a Rad Wagon. I am in Seattle so I can go into their shop in person. I can’t comment on their online service.

Very good, timely customer service from BafangUSAdirect and Grin. Extremely poor service and response from a certain moon themed company.

Back