Is it ethical business to list items you " can get"?

stuffc

1 mW
Ive had this occur couple times recently causing weeks of delay plus explanations all seeming sincere but not what I had in mind when I ordered an item. Still no shipment. I'm under the impression its in stock if its listed for sale. I don't want to bust out the names of the vendors until its closer to resolved. I just feel its questionable business to do that at best.

Who cares if it's "ethical" or not, business reality is, that it is very common for businesses to obfuscate whether an item is in stock, how long it will take to actually ship, etc.

think it's fine to get lied to and misled ? Must be a shady online retailer. Posting shit that u can get isnt cool. Only time I've had it happen is in this industry.

eBay did not used to allow it. A seller acknowledged in an eMail he sent just as the sale closed that he expected payment right away even though I'd be waiting and went on about what he thought would happen in the next week or two. eBay cancelled his account when I forwarded this. Now you have real dealers, don't know what to say. Craiglist similarly takes down posts if you notify them the seller 'Doesn't have it right at the moment but. . . .'

As for any Federal law, I've heard people remark but. . . .

Not saying it's "fine", saying it's business as usual, I agree many if not most vendors are shady.

Find out from the community who to deal with before sending any money and #1 rule

do **not** shop on price!

Back