SJS Cycles - broken address checker & bad communication options

Tried to place an order on SJS Cycles. Got this:
sjs.png

The first error msg is bogus (I didn't reach the payment step yet). They seem to have a broken address verification tool. When it falsely rejects a valid address, there is no way to override and move forward. The only ways to reach them is dialing a UK ph#, sending email through Google, or submit their contact form which imposes a cumbersome & privacy-abusing Google reCAPTCHA. They have Facebook and Twitter (no Diaspora or Mastodon). So for me the communication options are all non-starters.

The error message is not saying your address in invalid, it says the FORMAT is invalid, specifically for the state. Not sure how it works in foggyland, but if that were US, it would indicate they want either an abbreviation and it was spelled out, or the other way around, possibly no periods and/or no spaces, etc. Try several variations.

This does indicate they did not spend a lot of time, effort, or cash on their website, and it is designed to do transactions rather than just advertise, which is a poor indicator of their ability to do good business, and/or they have not been doing it for very long. Neither of these are especially good signs for an outfit to do business with.

Then try spelling out the state completely

Look at https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/ on the bottom of the home page I see:
Contact
Address you could write a letter on paper and mail it.
Phone number for some far away country.
Email address.
Hours that they are open if you want to go there.

Why are you not able to send a email? Just type your thoughts and hit the send button. Very similar to typing on a internet forum.

Back