do not buy any yalu engine, they are rubbish mine has broken in 3 days, you did not waste money.

juanjo

1 W
do not buy any yalu engine, they are rubbish mine has broken in 3 days, you did not waste money.

if going uphill, it has very small and fine gears, don't buy any yalu, they are garbage

I do not know if it has a guarantee but the shipping costs are paid by the buyer, the engine already came that made a very strange noise, I made a complaint and they ignored me, do not buy any yalu engine, they are garbage

juanjo said:
if going uphill, it has very small and fine gears, don't buy any yalu, they are garbage

Have the gear teeth broken off or something else went wrong with them maybe? Some photo's to show what has been broken would be great, thanks.

I'll tell you what. The kind of explanation people are looking for is mostly covered if you answer these questions:

Did you buy a whole bike? A kit? Miscellaneous parts you installed yourself?

Are these "Fine gears" slipping as you go uphill? Chain or belt drive? Are you sure it's not a freewheel that's slipping?

Does the motor itself seem to run okay and the problem is the gears? (Slipping can make the motor rev funny but that's not a malfunction.)

Your explanation might lead to more questions, but we're left to guess that your only complaint might be the slipping, maybe something is just loose, etc. We need a better idea of your problem.

I know it's frustrating, but think of the fun you can work your way up to. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=109246

I wouldnt be waiting by the computer to see what the response will be Daunty.

From December 5, 2020 6 out of 7 posts were Yalu one on gng, half were duplicate posts.

Yalu is not a motor manufacturer, is a whole sales distributor, and they do some retail sales by Alibaba and Aliexpess.
One of the main brands they represent is Unitemotors. This brand produce very good motors for what are designed for, and they are produced in magnitudes of hundreds of thousands for Asian markets mostly.
I have used Unitedmotors and they extremely reliable. Not only the motor itself but as well the gearboxes they come with.

So unless the post creator give more information it is imposible to know what motor brand he is referring to...

I only have a photo of the motor when I connect it and the amount of aluminum shavings detached from the pinion, the motor I cannot return it because I have to pay the shipping costs, and shipping from Spain to China is a lot of money. a hellish noise crash crash crash.when there will be the cover of the gears they had olgura and I did not see any way to be able to tighten the gears.when I saw the gears I was amazed at the teeth so fine it has, I am not saying that the gears are broken But the noise it makes shows that the gears do not fit well and in 3 days it made much more noise, and I have disassembled the engine before it dumped me.

juanjo said:
I don't know how the photos are uploaded

Las fotos las puedes añadir en la pestaña que sale abajo (Attachements) cuando creas un hilo o respondes.
También puedes poner el enlace al producto donde lo compraste.

Pictures can be uploaded in the attachemts tab below when you create/reply to a post.
As well you can post a link to the product where you bought it.

markz said:

From December 5, 2020 6 out of 7 posts were Yalu one on gng, half were duplicate posts.

Oh, but you'll let everyone else wait after you get me to safety.

I think _GonZo_ is on the right track, pure communication gap from the language problem.

Illustration on uploading pics.

And this is his kit he posted a link to elsewhere. https://www.gngebike.com/60v650w-brushless

PostPic.jpg

Its implied that everyone else was included. Subtleties.
I try to look beyond the communication gap/ESL, duplicate posts and the reason for signing up - To plaster 3 unique posts for defamation purposes. But maybe I am just looking too deeply into the sun.

Dauntless said:
markz said:

Oh, but you'll let everyone else wait after you get me to safety.

I think _GonZo_ is on the right track, pure communication gap from the language problem.

Illustration on uploading pics.

And this is his kit he posted a link to elsewhere.

PostPic.jpg

watch that aluminum chips come out when accelerating

Attachments

• IMG20210122153854.jpg
    IMG20210122153854.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 1,520
juanjo said:
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32843500260.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.

That is the exactly motor I have on my wish list on AliExpress... :shock:
The way the shavings seem to have fallen out of the freewheel could it be that the motor and gearing inside are not broken but only the freewheel is? Have you unbolted the freewheel and run the motor without it? Like this:

Yalu reduction motor.jpg

I would expect that freewheel would already be seized or slipping freely both ways. So far that would make sense. The pinion looks fine but it looks like the chips are coming from right there.

The animated GIF on the site is for a different kit, I don't know what direction that motor spins. I'd say those 2 holes, each side, that's to take the freewheel apart, but it might turn either way to come off. If you look in that you might see your problem.

If you understand that the motor spinning is supposed to hold it tight, you can figure out how to loosen that top.

Back